14 minutes ago, Notnotadog said:

Just updated on OASIS that I'm in queue for review. Admissions season is almost here. Get hyped!

they posted that for me on the 11th, don't get too excited, i have a feeling its still gonna be a while....

The good news is they just changed the number of applicants on the portal to 2,720 instead of the 2,900 that was written before, so our odds just went up. 

Edited by Megbean123

7 minutes ago, Megbean123 said:

they posted that for me on the 11th, don't get too excited, i have a feeling its still gonna be a while....

The good news is they just changed the number of applicants on the portal to 2,720 instead of the 2,900 that was written before, so our odds just went up. 

Oh, certainly. I'm not expecting anything until Mid-December, and that if I'm lucky. Just excited to know that I'm in queue and people will be reading my stuff soon. 

1 minute ago, Notnotadog said:

Oh, certainly. I'm not expecting anything until Mid-December, and that if I'm lucky. Just excited to know that I'm in queue and people will be reading my stuff soon. 

When did you submit your application?

As I say every year, I’m pretty sure the time at which you go in queue is not indicative of how strong your application is. But we love to speculate all the time so enjoy the thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ryn said:

As I say every year, I’m pretty sure the time at which you go in queue is not indicative of how strong your application is. But we love to speculate all the time so enjoy the thread!

Isn't it weird that I haven't received my confirmation yet?

1 minute ago, krnprykt said:

When did you submit your application?

October 26th, but as Ryn said I don't think it actually makes a difference. I'm just stoked and wanted to share. 

3 minutes ago, Notnotadog said:

October 26th, but as Ryn said I don't think it actually makes a difference. I'm just stoked and wanted to share. 

The difference is that yours will be reviewed sooner than other's.

4 minutes ago, krnprykt said:

Isn't it weird that I haven't received my confirmation yet?

Regarding confirmations generally, I don’t know what their policy is on their initial email. I’d wait another week maybe then call the admissions office to see what’s up. 

• Thanks 1

I know UofT said to notify them if you don't receive a confirmation by Nov. 8th. Not sure what Osgoode's policy on this was. 

1 hour ago, Ryn said:

Getting early in queue may indicate that the applicant may have a chance for first round acceptance I think.

According to Osgoode:

To manage the large number of applications received each year, a “presumptive admission” threshold is set, based on GPA and LSAT percentile, above which applicants’ files receive a more cursory review by admissions staff. This threshold allows the efficient management of some of the most competitive files. The proportion of the class admitted in this “presumptive admission” category has been reduced over time, dropping from 37.8% of students in 2011 to 29.4% in 2014, and to 14% in 2015. In the 2016 cycle, 10% of applicants’ files were reviewed in this manner. The movement to a smaller presumptive admit category is important to fulfilling the diversity goals of our admissions policy because a closer review of files by staff and the Admissions Committee allows for admissions decisions to be made that are more sensitive to the holistic criteria established under the new policies and procedures. Higher presumptive admit thresholds produces more files for review for the Admissions Committee given the fixed time and resource of Admissions staff. As a result, the objective of increasing diversity through holistic file review has to be weighed against both staff and Committee resource limitations. It also needs to be weighed against the need to efficiently turn file review into offers for the most competitive candidates with a high probability of receiving offers either from Osgoode through the interview process or by competing law schools. The Admissions Committee continues to search for the sweet spot between these contending values.

The presumptive admit threshold for the 2016 cycle was a GPA at or above 3.75 and an LSAT at or above the 80th percentile.

Edited by NeverGiveUp

1 hour ago, Ryn said:

Regarding confirmations generally, I don’t know what their policy is on their initial email. I’d wait another week maybe then call the admissions office to see what’s up. 

I didn't get one either yet. So you're not alone.

21 hours ago, Megbean123 said:

Ahahaha when I first saw the 2,900 I thought how unlucky that almost a record number of applicants is applying the year I decide to apply.

Glad it's a bit lower, not that the likelihood of me getting in has become realistic or anything.

• Like 1

My application went into the queue on the 12th, and I got my acceptance today at like 10am 😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jrfyfe said:

My application went into the queue on the 12th, and I got my acceptance today at like 10am 😊

Congratulations! You should start an accepted thread with your stats!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jrfyfe said:

So early this year!

Congratulations!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 1:14 PM, Megbean123 said:

Were you in queue on 11th?

You should get your acceptance now.