1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 902

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 235

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   57 Members, 2 Anonymous, 155 Guests (See full list)

• luna12
    • Jdwannabe
    • futurelawyerrr
    • hermeskt
    • LegalMindset
    • goodisgood
    • kklawkk
    • INTERNEXT
    • tobi
    • crocslover
    • penguanniecee04
    • HWGA3
    • lawloops
    • halamadrid
    • legallyblond23
    • Bona fide
    • MissRepresented
    • B_Stone
    • lawstudentvancouver
    • PzabbytheLawyer
    • gglaw
    • Spinnaker
    • jtsea123
    • Tortfeasor
    • WhoKnows
    • CuriousEagle
    • Legal warrior
    • Rigel
    • qdom
    • cptn_Canuck
    • OldManMills
    • TruthHandlingAbilities
    • ohyeah
    • yogi_cat
    • LITTUP21
    • mochimochi
    • asprininglawyer
    • bubby77
    • sunshinecoast
    • turnip2
    • CTOlaw
    • helloall
    • am0229
    • LMP
    • CB2021
    • WiseGhost
    • Antarctica
    • RenewablePowerRanger
    • Law123456789
    • MyWifesBoyfriend
    • Lawstudents20202020
    • popcorngordo
    • VoirDear
    • incredible pear
    • Grotius
    • FutureLStudent
    • legallyblondie

• Recent Posts

• luna12
      Waitlisted for single
    • halamadrid
      I was able to secure articling before the end of the fall semester (I'm in 3L) so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If your old job pays well, it wouldn't hurt to go back there and possibly look for some part-time or volunteer legal work if you can for your resume. There were several positions posted throughout the year. I am in Toronto so I can't exactly comment on opportunities in BC but I did notice a few listing on the career job board for listing out West. 
    • penguanniecee04
      Hi. I’ve been accepted to both and I am torn.    To be completely honest, my attraction to Dal are the following: (a) allows me to experience out of province schooling as I didn’t go away for my undergrad and (b) it ranks much higher than UofM. However, I am deterred by the triple cost of schooling should I decide to go there and not sure if an and b are truly worth that.    I intend to focus on crim and immigration. My father is a lawyer and has a law firm in Manitoba which I will be working for after school and the hope is that eventually I take over.    I’m not sure if going to Dal will be giving me an “edge” working in Manitoba. Thoughts?    I am attracted to UofM particularly because of the Law Journal (I was previous editor in chief for my university journal and have a passion for writing so this is something I want to be involved in). Apparently it’s renowned Canada-wide.    Looking for some really honest and helpful opinions. Thank you! 
    • LMP
      Obviously it would be nice and helpful to have had a summer job, but it doesn't sink your chances of finding anything in articling.  I was able to see the applicants to our firms articling position and I'd say a third had no legal summer job. In fact I think we need up hiring at least two who hadn't had a 2L legal job (though I think at least one had done a clinic).  Your big disadvantage is you have less to talk about. You can circumvent that by having examples ready from your other job and law school experiences. You should also be ready to do a little extra research on the firms you apply to. You don't get the easy out of "oh yeah I had the chance to a do a bit of this work at my old firm and I really enjoyed it". So spend a bit of time really learning about the firms practice areas and why you might like working there. 
    • acatinthesun
      I didn't have a 2L summer law job and it was absolutely fine. There was a pretty solid chunk of people at my school that had 0 legal work experience throughout law school and secured articles throughout the 3L year. I think legal related work is a bit of an advantage but it shakes out fine for most people. A lot of places that will take articling students are not interested in summer students. Just keep at it!  I found this thread really helpful when i was facing a similar kind of situation in the articling hunt. It can be a hustle finding the right fit.  That being said, if you have good grades and are having the level of strike outs I would do an application review/practice interview with your career counsellor if you haven't already. It's probably not a you problem but if it is you want to get ahead of it before you head into articling recruit season. 
    • juniperberryjoy
      Got accepted today March 28th GPA 3.89 LSAT 154
    • RubyRoo
      Waitlisted for single yesterday (applied general). Referred to adcom nearly 2 months ago.  cgpa: 3.52 L2/B3: 3.8 lsat: 155
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.