1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 913

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 246

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)

• atg95
    • BHC1
    • CleanHands
    • aceattorney
    • toastedguac
    • Trillex
    • underperform
    • ArchivesandMuseums
    • ABru
    • torontowaxy
    • BishopGW
    • anon48
    • BigRed
    • futurelawyerrr
    • Yukidaruma
    • ellywoodsy
    • scooter
    • ItSallGoodMan
    • MiceInRice
    • Snails and Ales
    • mirrorball
    • Yorick
    • ruthlessfox
    • GoatDuck

• Recent Posts

• scooter
      Lol I understand what aptitude means. I'm saying that it's not the only factor in determining your LSAT score. Your aptitude is going to determine your starting point and your upper limit. Where you score in that range will be determined by how you prepare for the test. 
    • Turtles
      Same issue over here, rather unimpressed. Even if it's supposed to end access before articling (which wasn't my understanding at opening, and is ostensibly counter to the TD website which notes access continues during "post-graduate training" -- although admittedly it doesn't expressly clarify whether articling counts), you'd think they'd at least wait until June (when you graduate and cease to be an actively enrolled student) or August (when you usually get prompted to re-prove student status) and at least give some kind of notice before suddenly placing a hold against further drawing from it (no messages in my account; nothing on my account statements leading up; just a hold abruptly placed on an arbitrary day).  Thankfully I don't "need" it, but I imagine some may have found themselves in for a surprise the night of April 30 when trying to draw rent money from their abruptly-frozen line of credit. Poor form. Did you get it resolved? Worse case, you could probably still open a PSLOC with Scotia and transfer over any balance to close out the TD. 
    • tobi
      Aim for the highest LSAT you can get, don't put a limit or don't tell yourself that there's a 'safe score'. People got rejected from Oz this cycle with very high stats. So, it's hard to tell you.  https://lsutil.azurewebsites.net/CGPA - calculate your cGPA here first.  Your ECs are average and the same level with the majority of KJDs.  Apply access sure but there's other reasons of applying access too, your situation may fit depending on what it says on the websites. Take a look at it and maybe your situation does qualify.  Focus on the LSAT, just take it and if you get high 160s, you have a good shot provided your cGPA is 3.5 per OLSAS.  Hard to chance you without an LSAT on file. That's why on the "Chances" page it says "When creating a new thread, please include your cGPA and LSAT in the post title."
    • AnxiouslyApplying
      I asked someone who was waitlisted in April on Reddit and they said that their email also said “summer waitlist”. Since then they’ve been accepted, so there’s some hope out there ! Just thought I’d add that here for those interested. Best of luck to all 😊
    • Spacerock
      Finished third year, likely applying this fall. Would like rough estimates. Aiming for a 160+ lsat. What would a safe score be in my position? All Ontario schools. The dream choice would be oz but seems difficult. I’d be happy with queens or western.  not so great first year, pretty solid second year, meh not bad third year. cgpa might be 3.5 ish if I finish my 4th year but that would mean another year of living expenses to apply next cycle. A family member was sick all throughout uni and passed away during my third year and has taken a toll, but overall upwards trend in my grades? ec wise: worked all years with promotions, volunteered as a coach last summer, part of a school club last year and vice president upcoming year.  note: I might apply access. Would this (the family member passing) meet the criteria? Sure I’m first gen immigrant/minority but I don't think that really counts since I’m sure many applicants are.  just looking for what y’all think. Thanks!
    • BHC1
      OP @CndnViking - you should study to become a union side labour lawyer. You can collect a six figure salary while continuing to cosplay as a Marxist. 
    • Dinsdale
      Just to reiterate, at the Queen's/Western level, you need top 20-25% to be considered for Bay Street, let alone PW/Skadden, which are more competitive for obvious reasons.  There are always outliers, but generally speaking.  Question, though, from a few posts above: why are the hours even worse than at the respective NY offices?
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.