TrevorPhilips

How important are 4th year 1st semester grades?

Hey there,

So, I'm currently in my 4th year and have submitted my applications. My cGPA is 3.47 and my L2 is 3.67. I know that if I manage to get As in the half-year courses I'm currently in,  that will boost my cGPA to 3.5 and my L2 to 3.7 which is a pretty noticeable difference.

The reason behind my question is that I'm planning to take the LSAT next week and also in January. So, I want to know how important 4th grades are to allocate the time and effort appropriately. If they aren't that important then I'll mainly focus on my LSAT prep but if they're given the same weight as previous years, then I have to change my study routine a bit.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TrevorPhilips

If you haven't written the LSAT and don't have an official score yet, do your best to keep your grades up. You never know how your LSAT takes and application cycle will go, and you may need to use those 4th year grades to bolster your chances in the future.  

Also, some schools will ask for those grades before making a decision on your application, so I wouldn't neglect them. 

Edited by Tagger

20 minutes ago, Tagger said:

If you haven't written the LSAT and don't have an official score yet, do your best to keep your grades up. You never know how your LSAT takes and application cycle will go, and you may need to use those 4th year grades to bolster your chances in the future.  

Also, some schools will ask for those grades before making a decision on your application, so I wouldn't neglect them. 

I should've mentioned that I already took the LSAT in the summer and it didn't go well. I'll add that to the post now.

But yea, one of the main reasons I'm asking this is that I doubt I'm going to do that well on the LSAT next week, or in Jan for that matter, so I'm really hoping that my GPA can save my ass. I'm really in a glass case of emotion right now

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrevorPhilips said:

I should've mentioned that I already took the LSAT in the summer and it didn't go well. I'll add that to the post now.

But yea, one of the main reasons I'm asking this is that I doubt I'm going to do that well on the LSAT next week, or in Jan for that matter, so I'm really hoping that my GPA can save my ass. I'm really in a glass case of emotion right now

'it didn't go well" is Not a score.

Hard to figure out if your 4th year first semester grades matter without knowing your LSAT and which schools you applied to.

18 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

'it didn't go well" is Not a score.

Hard to figure out if your 4th year first semester grades matter without knowing your LSAT and which schools you applied to.

I got a 155, sadly.