Jump to content
TrevorPhilips

How important are 4th year 1st semester grades?

Recommended Posts

Hey there,

So, I'm currently in my 4th year and have submitted my applications. My cGPA is 3.47 and my L2 is 3.67. I know that if I manage to get As in the half-year courses I'm currently in,  that will boost my cGPA to 3.5 and my L2 to 3.7 which is a pretty noticeable difference.

The reason behind my question is that I'm planning to take the LSAT next week and also in January. So, I want to know how important 4th grades are to allocate the time and effort appropriately. If they aren't that important then I'll mainly focus on my LSAT prep but if they're given the same weight as previous years, then I have to change my study routine a bit.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TrevorPhilips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven't written the LSAT and don't have an official score yet, do your best to keep your grades up. You never know how your LSAT takes and application cycle will go, and you may need to use those 4th year grades to bolster your chances in the future.  

Also, some schools will ask for those grades before making a decision on your application, so I wouldn't neglect them. 

Edited by Tagger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tagger said:

If you haven't written the LSAT and don't have an official score yet, do your best to keep your grades up. You never know how your LSAT takes and application cycle will go, and you may need to use those 4th year grades to bolster your chances in the future.  

Also, some schools will ask for those grades before making a decision on your application, so I wouldn't neglect them. 

I should've mentioned that I already took the LSAT in the summer and it didn't go well. I'll add that to the post now.

But yea, one of the main reasons I'm asking this is that I doubt I'm going to do that well on the LSAT next week, or in Jan for that matter, so I'm really hoping that my GPA can save my ass. I'm really in a glass case of emotion right now

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrevorPhilips said:

I should've mentioned that I already took the LSAT in the summer and it didn't go well. I'll add that to the post now.

But yea, one of the main reasons I'm asking this is that I doubt I'm going to do that well on the LSAT next week, or in Jan for that matter, so I'm really hoping that my GPA can save my ass. I'm really in a glass case of emotion right now

'it didn't go well" is Not a score.

Hard to figure out if your 4th year first semester grades matter without knowing your LSAT and which schools you applied to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

'it didn't go well" is Not a score.

Hard to figure out if your 4th year first semester grades matter without knowing your LSAT and which schools you applied to.

 

I got a 155, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×