Sign in to follow this  
Blueground

Windsor single J.D. Chances [3.28, 3.3, 160]

Hello everyone,

I am debating whether I should stay another year at university or just graduate. I have already spent a year at York university and another 4 years at UofT. But I feel that my gpa might not be high enought to get into the single J.D program. 

According to OLSAS website, 

my cgpa is 3.28 and my L2 is 3.3. I am planning to get 160 or higher on my lsat. 

I would really appreciate your advice as I’m very undecisive at this point. 

5 hours ago, Blueground said:

Hello everyone,

I am debating whether I should stay another year at university or just graduate. I have already spent a year at York university and another 4 years at UofT. But I feel that my gpa might not be high enought to get into the single J.D program. 

my cgpa is 3.28 and my L2 is 3.3. I am planning to get 160 or higher on my lsat. 

I would really appreciate your advice as I’m very undecisive at this point. 

I don't predict Windsor's chances. Is Windsor the only school you want to apply?

L2 schools usually require 3.7. Windsor is not a L2 school

With this gpa my only chance would be Windsor so I probably won’t apply elsewhere. I’m just not sure if I could get in with a 160 lsat 

As others have already mentioned, it's difficult to predict your chances at Windsor due to the schools holistic approach. Despite probably being the most important, your GPA and the LSAT are only two of the seven criteria that collectively determine your admission/rejection. That being said there are many people with similar stats who have been accepted over the years so I wouldn't say your GPA alone puts you at any significant disadvantage. 

Edited by Optimistic95
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, Blueground said:

Do you mean the conversion chart?

Or did you apply through OLSAS and they already let you know what your GPA is?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blueground said:

@thedraper its not olsas actually, my bad. I was searching for olsas and I found this website https://lawapplicants.ca/ which calculates your gpa with olsas standard and from your lsat score determines your chances of getting into Ontario law schools except for Windsor since its hollistic.

Yea, you can thank @Ryn for that site! It's amazing, I used it too. Let's just hope it's accurate lol

Try not to guess what your LSAT score will be. It's difficult to say what your chances are without actually having a LSAT score in. You should maybe look into applying at UBC or schools like that who drop some courses. I think UofT does some drops as well. All the best!

I would try not to stress about next year too much and focus on bringing up your GPA as much as you can right now. If you decide later that you want to take extra courses after finishing up your degree, you also have this option - OLSAS told me that undergraduate courses following graduation are still counted in your cGPA.