Sign in to follow this  
TechneIsHard

Chances? (2.8 cGPA / 3.1 L2 / 147)

Hi,

Been  a lurker for a while. and finally decided to make an account.

Couple of questions!

1) What are my chances of getting into the Windsor JD (not the Dual. Too broke for it :P)? I'm a Greek and Roman Studies student at Windsor doing a 2-semester exchange in Europe for my final year. I'm expecting the grades from the exchange to come back as mid-high 80s on average for a full course-load, but I won't have official grades for either semesters until June/July/early August(?). This is because of my host uni's policies, so can't really do much but ask for provisional grades and a letter with what those grades would mean (at Windsor) once they are official?

I'm also rewriting the LSAT in January 2019 (there's no Dec test in Europe :/). Since the 147 was with no prep and a full-time job, I'm expecting some serious improvement. Any idea what LSAT score I would need with in Jan?

As far as extra-curriculars/community involvements go, I think I'm probably doing pretty good? I'd been a student union employee running a service for 3 years of my undergrad, until this exchange. Before that, I have a year volunteering at that service. This year, I've also managed to bag a student internship (limited spots) with the host school's commercial archaeological unit.

No doubt about it, should've worked harder in 1st year, but I really wasn't into the program I was in, and ended up transferring out of it. Still tanked my cGPA though, especially when I did not get the particularly impressive grades in my required 4 classes of ancient languages for the Greek & Roman degree. Only realized I really wanted to go to law school during that degree though.

2) What other Canadian Law schools would people recommend if I'm interested in international law. I'm fascinated how it applies to museum acquisitions and I would love to break into that field or something to work for the federal government. It would be awesome to be able to put my Classics undergrad to use :D 

Thanks folks!

Edited by TechneIsHard
typo

With those stats, your chances of getting into any Canadian law school are extremely low, and Windsor's very hard to predict due to their holistic admissions process. Also, the Windsor JD program doesn't accept the January LSAT for admission in September. 

You should re-take the LSAT, get a significantly better (165+) score, then come back and apply next cycle. 

Edited by Tagger

12 hours ago, Tagger said:

With those stats, your chances of getting into any Canadian law school are extremely low, and Windsor's very hard to predict due to their holistic admissions process. Also, the Windsor JD program doesn't accept the January LSAT for admission in September. 

You should re-take the LSAT, get a significantly better (165+) score, then come back and apply next cycle. 

When I called Windsor Law, they said they would accept the January LSAT as long as it was indicated on OLSAS.

Might be because there isn’t a Dec one available in Europe?