HopefulLawStudent1

Accepted to UNB 2019

Ryn

A reminder that accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for brief questions related to the stats that someone posted (e.g., asking for L2). Off-topic posts will be deleted. 

Message added by Ryn

1 hour ago, decentlyhopeful said:

Just got the email. LSAT 159, unsure of gpa, and NB resident.

Question for those accepted. Did your email from Wanda say why you were accepted? 

Yes, kind of. It was a very detailed and personal letter which commented on specific things mentioned in my personal statement! 

• Like 1

A little late to post, but I got my acceptance email from Wanda on Nov. 21st!

LSAT: 152, 157

GPA: 3.7 with drops 

I will likely be accepting, but will wait a little longer to hear back from other schools.

56 minutes ago, Kat1994LH said:

A little late to post, but I got my acceptance email from Wanda on Nov. 21st!

LSAT: 152, 157

GPA: 3.7 with drops 

I will likely be accepting, but will wait a little longer to hear back from other schools.

Congrats are you from NB?

1 hour ago, HopefulLawStudent1 said:

Congrats are you from NB?

Thanks! No, I'm from NS!

Edited by Kat1994LH

Accepted this morning via email from Wendy! 

Stats: 

LSAT: 160, taken once but had indicated on application that I was going to retake in January 

cGPA: 4.2 without drops, 4.3 with 

L2: 4.2 

Lots of volunteer work and some work experience, decent extra-curriculars. Currently a student at a New Brunswick university, and permanent NB resident. Will be accepting offer as UNB is the only school I have applied for (set on practicing in NB). 

They only received my transcript yesterday around noon, so I'm happy that I didn't have to wait long for an answer!!

Application was completed on November 27th, took the November LSAT. Got the score on December 8th and was accepted early yesterday (December 13). For those wondering, my deadline for accepting is a January 31st.

GPA: 3.8 or 3.9 after drops

LSAT: 156

New Brunswick resident 

• Like 1

I got the acceptance email from Wanda earlier this afternoon! I'm honestly so relieved. 158 LSAT, 4.08/4.33 ish GPA (I calculated this myself and I'm not entirely sure it's accurate) with drops. I'm out of province (from Ontario). I'm going to wait to hear from other schools I've applied to, but most likely will accept. For those wondering, the deadline to accept is January 31st! 

Any updates in the last couple weeks? Haven't seen anything here since Dec 21, just wondering if this is a quiet period in the first round of offers. I know the deadline for some to accept is Jan 31. 

• Like 1

Got my offer today! 3.65 gpa without drops, 160 lsat. Not planning on accepting,   as I’m already into my preferred school.

• Like 1

Received offer of admission via email today. 155 LSAT score and gpa of 3.7/4.0 with drops (I think). A few days after my transcripts from my undergrad showed up as “received”. Ontario resident. 

Accepted today! Received the e-mail from Wanda about an hour ago. SOOO excited. I honestly cannot believe it considering my low stats. Most likely accepting.

Ontario Student, General Category

LSAT: 162 OLSAS CGPA: 3.36

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

Accepted today! Received the e-mail from Wanda about an hour ago. SOOO excited. I honestly cannot believe it considering my low stats. Most likely accepting.

Ontario Student, General Category

LSAT: 162 OLSAS CGPA: 3.36

Congratulations!

UNB drops 25% of your grades so your GPA after drops would be much higher.

What is your L2,  by the way?

Got an email this morning! 175 LSAT, 3.35 GPA after drops. My dad is from NB, but I've never lived there myself, though I did do my undergrad in NS and talked in my personal statement about wanting to live in the Maritimes, so I'm not sure how they considered me as far as their NB-resident criteria.

Accepted Friday! 

LSAT: 159

cGPA: ~3.7

Very small connection to the Maritimes, if any. 

Edited by IrishStew