Sign in to follow this  
SiDtHeKiD

Need Blunt Honesty From People - Chances

Hello,

I'm in my 4th year at UofL in Calgary and currently have the following stats:

CGPA: 3.21

L2: 3.53

B3: 3.32

I'm practicing the LSAT test and lowest I've had is 163. Highest I've had is 167.

Work Experience: I've been working in Business Development full-time now for about 3+ years. Before that worked at a bank full-time and before that retail jobs. Always worked 30+ hours a week to support family.

Reason for low CGPA is one BAD year dealing with a lot of personal problems.

I know I won't get into UBC, Osgoode, UVic and UofT. But my goal is Queens. My list includes Dal, UofC, USask, Western, Ottawa, and UofA.

What are my chances in these schools? What about the other schools? I'm open to go to any school that takes me but would LOVE to go to Queens. and If not, then one from my list.

Edited by SiDtHeKiD

5 minutes ago, Prospero said:

3.53 L2/164+ will put you in a very decent spot for Queens. 166+ very good chance. 

Okay. That's a relief. Now are you saying general admission or are you saying a special category?

Additionally, what do you suggest one should to do practice and score high on your LSAT.

On 10/22/2018 at 6:15 PM, SiDtHeKiD said:

Hello,

I'm in my 4th year at UofL in Calgary and currently have the following stats:

CGPA: 3.21

L2: 3.53

B3: 3.32

I'm practicing the LSAT test and lowest I've had is 163. Highest I've had is 167.

Work Experience: I've been working in Business Development full-time now for about 3+ years. Before that worked at a bank full-time and before that retail jobs. Always worked 30+ hours a week to support family.

Reason for low CGPA is one BAD year dealing with a lot of personal problems.

I know I won't get into UBC, Osgoode, UVic and UofT. But my goal is Queens. My list includes Dal, UofC, USask, Western, Ottawa, and UofA.

What are my chances in these schools? What about the other schools? I'm open to go to any school that takes me but would LOVE to go to Queens. and If not, then one from my list.

With a solid LSAT, for example if you scored a 167, you would have a decent chance at UVic. Mid 170’s could even give you a shot at UBC depending on what your GPA is with omissions. 

Also, UofC is holistic so your work experience would be an asset there. And UofA takes L2 and they have a median LSAT in the low 160s so you would probably get in with a 165+

Go to the accepted threads for each school and look for people with similar stats to yours. Also, UVic and UofA have graphs for their accepted students stats so you can compare using those.