Sign in to follow this  
ElShapo

November 1 deadline

Hello everyone, 

I'm waiting on my last reference letter, and for this reason I have not submitted/ paid for my applications yet. If I submitted/ paid for my application today, would my reference still be able to submit any time before November 1? 

I'm nervous about getting transcripts in on time, and I believe the requests don't go out until I submit and pay. 

Thanks!

Pay OLSAS right now as in don't even finish reading this post.

You are right that your transcript request will not go out until you submit and pay; it will take 1-2 business days for the transcript to be received.

I don't understand how you are waiting on your last reference letter without having submitted the OLSAS application; I didn't know it was possible to send the emails without having paid. But yes, if you pay today,  your reference will still be able to submit before November 1.

Edited by Trew
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trew said:

I didn't know it was possible to send the emails without having paid.

It is.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm going to submit it today. If my transcripts fail to come in before November 1 after submitting today, am I screwed? 

3 minutes ago, ElShapo said:

Ok, I'm going to submit it today. If my transcripts fail to come in before November 1 after submitting today, am I screwed? 

My transcripts were received by OLSAS about 2 days after I submitted my application. You should be fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ElShapo said:

Very unlikely

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xer said:

My transcripts were received by OLSAS about 2 days after I submitted my application. You should be fine.

Ok good to know! I guess it depends on the school but I hope 8 business days will be enough time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trew said:

You are right that your transcript request will not go out until you submit and pay; it will take 1-2 business days for the transcript to be received.

I don't understand how you are waiting on your last reference letter without having submitted the OLSAS application; I didn't know it was possible to send the emails without having paid. But yes, if you pay today,  your reference will still be able to submit before November 1.

Ummmmmm, I was under the impression that the Nov 1 deadline for transcripts is only for non-Ontario universities? 

1 hour ago, Trew said:

Transcripts from an Ontario University or College

Online Transcript Request

If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario university or college, you must request your transcript through your online application.

By completing the online transcript request and forwarding the appropriate fees, you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to OLSAS; you do not need to contact the Registrar’s Office directly.

You can access this section in your online application by selecting “Transcripts”.

OLSAS must receive your online transcript request by the appropriate deadlines to satisfy the transcript deadline requirement.

Transcripts requested when you apply online will not include the current year’s results.

As long as you pay and submit before the November 1st deadline, you have met the requirement for Ontario schools and will not be considered late. My transcript request took 2 business days after submitting to go through and show up on OLSAS (just for reference), but even if it does show up after the deadline, you have still met the requirements as long as you pay and submit before Nov 1st! So don't worry :) Under FAQs on OLSAS it will confirm this!

Edited by e0813

1 hour ago, emasrbmk said:

Ummmmmm, I was under the impression that the Nov 1 deadline for transcripts is only for non-Ontario universities? 

that's a lot of ms, but you seem to be more informed about the process than myself and your second post is pretty clear