Whosiewhatsie

2018/2019 Accepted Applicant Profile Discussion

I remember seeing the formula that calculated the "auto-admit" value on this site. 

GPA x 22.5 + LSAT score

If your value is above 242, then you will be admitted.

Based on the newest applicant profile that was just released, it looks like the new auto-admit number is between 237 and 239. Can anyone help me confirm this? Let's discuss.

Edited by Whosiewhatsie
corrected a number

Yeah, above or around 242 (this is not a number confirmed by U of A that I’ve ever seen), they automatically admit you in dec/Jan/feb once your application is complete. And then once they see how many of those people accepted, they start offering to the 241 and 240, etc. They still consider those regular applicants so that’s why they’re on the chart. 

Is this actually true and proven to be used by Alberta Admissions? How do people know about this? It's giving me hope lol! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Not to disagree on what probably isn't important at all, but I think the notion of burn out is often overstated and person-dependent. I spent far too long studying for the LSAT (about ~5 months total), and my progress went from a mid-150s to mid-160s pretty quickly, then a spotty performance with a wide range of low-160s to low-170s. It then took me a solid month of grinding it out daily (~8-10 hrs) to average ~177-178 (over a sample of ~20 PTs). 
    • Thank you for the positivity!! It is nice to know someone was on a similar boat as me. I am dedicated to putting in the time and effort for acing the LSAT. I know it is a very hard test, not something I can master in 3 months, more like a year. I am aware the courses will just help me understand concepts but if I want to master those concepts I have to put in a lot of time practicing. Do you teach classes in Toronto? Once again thanks for the positivity   It helps knowing I wont get it overnight, it will take time and effort to get it. Now I get why America believes the idea that a strong LSAT is a must for law school and luck with the bar. FYI, I read this in a law school blog, its someone's opinion do not bash me for it.  YEs very true, its something costly mentally and financially. For now, I am    
    • Hi everyone,  I've written both the September and November LSAT, and am wondering if it would look bad on my application that I've done the LSAT 3 times. I know most schools just look at your highest score but I'm sure they see that I've done it multiple times. I didn't have much time to study for these last two tests, although hopefully I did better on today's than September. I'll have much longer to study for the January and am hoping that will give me an advantage. Any advice is appreciated!
    • Congratulations!  Are you waiting on any other acceptances?   
    • I feel like a lot of comments here have been quite negative about your chances. You can absolutely go to Law School with a L2 of 3.48 but your LSAT will be key. In my opinion 10 hours a week is pretty much nothing in terms of LSAT prep. You are looking at needing probably a 165 or better. This is absolutely doable but you will need to dedicate yourself entirely to it. I had a similar situation to yours, I have a low GPA and to get into the school I want I needed a 170 LSAT. I took the test twice. The first time I scored a 165 and the second time I scored a 171. I studied a minimum of 4 hours a day 6 days a week. I didn’t burn out because I wanted it more than anything else. You can get yourself into law school if that’s what you want. But it’s going to take a lot of work.  As far as prep goes. I am now an LSAT instructor and I will tell you that prep courses are designed to teach to the middle. You are looking at needing the 90th percentile or better so prep courses can help you get started but you’re gonna need to do a lot on your own to get your score where you need it. I like the bibles a lot and 7sages LG explanations are probably one of the best free resources out there.  Good luck! If you really want this, you’ll get it. Although I will caution you that the LSAT is a ruthless test. Don’t be discouraged if it takes you a lot of time to get it right.  And finally. Remember that law school is extremely expensive in both time and money. So really think about whether it’s an investment you are willing to make.