Sign in to follow this  
Monica123

Transcript Question

Hi there everyone!

I am currently applying to law schools and had a question related to transcripts! The application submission is November 1st, however the transcript request will be sent once I submit my application (which I intend on doing in the next couple of days). Does the transcript need to be received by OLSAS BEFORE November 1st, or is after November 1st allowed (in the case that I submit the application a few days later)? I go to York University in Toronto, is there any way to request the university to send the transcript to OLSAS?

Any help would be appreciated!

3 minutes ago, Monica123 said:

Hi there everyone!

I am currently applying to law schools and had a question related to transcripts! The application submission is November 1st, however the transcript request will be sent once I submit my application (which I intend on doing in the next couple of days). Does the transcript need to be received by OLSAS BEFORE November 1st, or is after November 1st allowed (in the case that I submit the application a few days later)? I go to York University in Toronto, is there any way to request the university to send the transcript to OLSAS?

Any help would be appreciated!

Transcript Arrangements

Arrange with the Registrar’s Office(s) of each university, college or CEGEP that you attended to send complete official transcript(s) of all course work completed to date directly to:

OLSAS
170 Research Lane
Guelph ON  N1G 5E2

These must be received by:

• November 1, 2018, for first-year English programs.
  • March 1, 2019, for first-year French programs.
  • May 1, 2019, for upper-year programs.

Only 1 copy is required.

Note: It is not possible to notify you of any outstanding transcripts at the time of the deadline.

If you are a currently a final year student, I don't think it is that big an issue

Final Transcripts

Final, official transcripts (which should include all current‑year course work and degree conferral details) must be submitted if you received an offer of admission, or have a decision pending, by June 30, 2019.

Note: If you attend an Ontario university, you must use the online transcript request. You can access this form by logging in to your application.

Edited by diplosun

@diplosun

^^ The information on final transcripts is not what the OP was asking about. Transcripts are due on November 1 at OLSAS for apps to Ontario law schools. A few days late probably isn't a big issue but the due date is November 1.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hello, I already graduated, but I am currently taking 3.5 additional courses (2 full year courses, 3 half year courses to be exact) while studying for the LSAT, working and applying to law schools. I mostly chose to take extra courses because of my low first year average, although I was advised by one law school's admissions that my 2nd, 3rd and 4th year marks were good enough. I knew that it wouldn't make such a big difference to my cgpa, but I figured that it was worth a shot. My course work is going well so far, except for one course that has proven to be a lot harder than I thought. I realize that I am not in a position to give 100% of my effort to this course, and at this point I feel like I will not do very well in it (let's say I think I will end with a 78 or a low 80 if I work very very hard, by the looks of it). I am thinking about Withdrawing from the course, because I don't exactly need it. That said, a W will show up on my transcript because the add/drop period has ended. Does anyone know what law schools think of this?? I am scared because  I already have a year of bad grades in my first year -- I don't want to have a mediocre grade on my transcript when taking a 5th year but I also don't think I can do well in this course while maintaining my other courses and in order to do well on the November LSAT.  I really don't know what to do at this point, so I thought I would reach out! Any thoughts would be appreciated. 
    • I misread this initially and it struck me as a very modest and realistic plan. Now that I realize you're looking to draw $1,000/week (that's after tax?) it's still potentially doable, but certainly harder. To put that in context, to take home $52k you're looking at earning around $80k or more by normal standards. That's $80k after practice expenses. Now as noted before, you can obscure what you really need to earn for a while because the tax bill won't come due until the end of the year. But it will come due. And $80k is a lot to need when you're just setting out on your own. It's a decent associate salary for a three-year call to begin with. Needing to make it on your own, almost right away, is a stretch. My best advice would be this. Keep your overhead in practice and in life as low as you possibly can. You can control that a lot more than you can control the business that walks through your door. You can do very well in sole practice. Don't be discouraged if you need to scrimp at the beginning, because that doesn't mean your whole life will be like that. But success in the beginning does take some early sacrifice. In terms of cash flow, I was going to give you some advice that worked well for me. If you take agency work from better established lawyers, to start, they'll generally pay you right away and won't wait to bill their own files. So that gets something coming in immediately to keep you going. If you wait until you're able to bill your own files, from start to finish, then even stuff you bring in on day one might not mean money in your pocket six months later. But that said, taking agency work isn't going to bring you the sort of income you're talking about right off. Whatever else you decide, I agree with going sole sooner rather than later, if that's your end goal. The longer you wait, the greater your obligations will be. Best thing I ever did was make the leap early, when I was still living cheaply. Anyway, good luck!  
    • Okay. That's a relief. Now are you saying general admission or are you saying a special category? Additionally, what do you suggest one should to do practice and score high on your LSAT.
    • 3.53 L2/164+ will put you in a very decent spot for Queens. 166+ very good chance. 
    • Hello, I'm in my 4th year at UofL in Calgary and currently have the following stats: CGPA: 3.21 L2: 3.53 B3: 3.32 I'm practicing the LSAT test and lowest I've had is 163. Highest I've had is 167. Work Experience: I've been working in Business Development full-time now for about 3+ years. Before that worked at a bank full-time and before that retail jobs. Always worked 30+ hours a week to support family. Reason for low CGPA is one BAD year dealing with a lot of personal problems. I know I won't get into UBC, Osgoode, UVic and UofT. But my goal is Queens. My list includes Dal, UofC, USask, Western, Ottawa, and UofA. What are my chances in these schools? What about the other schools? I'm open to go to any school that takes me but would LOVE to go to Queens. and If not, then one from my list.