Sign in to follow this  
emasrbmk

transcripts by Nov 1

I have requested a transcript to be sent from a BC institution. It will be sent tomorrow, by regular canada post mail.. which means it should arrive within 4 days or MAX a week. I know there is a canada post strike looming, would OLSAS be in consideration of any late transcripts received after nov 1 if a strike starts and it delays the arrival? 

Edited by emasrbmk

5 hours ago, emasrbmk said:

I have requested a transcript to be sent from a BC institution. It will be sent tomorrow, by regular canada post mail.. which means it should arrive within 4 days or MAX a week. I know there is a canada post strike looming, would OLSAS be in consideration of any late transcripts received after nov 1 if a strike starts and it delays the arrival? 

How late after Nov 1? 2 weeks, 6 weeks?

You don't know and OLSAS won't know.

Why don't you contact OLSAS and find out.

Transcript Arrangements

Arrange with the Registrar’s Office(s) of each university, college or CEGEP that you attended to send complete official transcript(s) of all course work completed to date directly to:

OLSAS
170 Research Lane
Guelph ON  N1G 5E2

These must be received by:

• November 1, 2018, for first-year English programs.
  • March 1, 2019, for first-year French programs.
  • May 1, 2019, for upper-year programs.

Only 1 copy is required.

Note: It is not possible to notify you of any outstanding transcripts at the time of the deadline.

Edited by Luckycharm

I sent mine from a BC institution to several schools and in all cases it arrived extremely quickly -if possible, send them priority (worth the extra $).

Not sure if this helps but I asked someone at UOttawa and was told "Documents need not arrive before the November 1st deadline. There is no specific deadline for receipt of documents, but please note that your application will not be considered until all portions of it have been received. This means that if your transcript does not arrive by the end of the admissions cycle (late spring), your file will be closed and no further action will be taken."