Sign in to follow this  
emasrbmk

Sketch - does an academic achievement grant count

hey all, 

I was writing my sketch for OLSAS and was wondering if I should include the large grant I recieved  last year from my college at U of T. Or is this irrelevant to include? I know that grades were a consideration in selecting who got the grant 

Yes.  To me this is not different than some needs-based scholarships/bursaries and people include those all of the time.

3 hours ago, ProfReader said:

Yes.  To me this is not different than some needs-based scholarships/bursaries and people include those all of the time.

Thanks ! Do you think I should mention the amount or just that it was given to me ? 

I put mine by name (also a Uoft college) and just said what they were for. Also if  you need a verifier the registrar can give you one. 

9 hours ago, emasrbmk said:

Thanks ! Do you think I should mention the amount or just that it was given to me ? 

I don't have an opinion one way or another.  Providence has expressed her opinion about seeing it on a resume.  I don't agree or disagree with that opinion, but I would say that the academic context may be different than the employment context as it is very common (probably more common than not) for people to include it in academic documents such as a CV, application for school (i.e. law school, grad school), etc.