JD08

Structure/Organization of P1 Licensing Exam

I understand the P1 Licensing Exam is split up into 2 parts, each part consisting of approx. 120 questions (multiple choice) and a time frame of 3.5 hours. 

I was wondering if anyone who has written the test can weigh in on how these questions are organized/structured. What I mean by that is the format/subject area of the questions. 

For example - Are all questions pertaining to "Professional Responsibility" grouped together? OR are the questions all scrambled (ex: question 1 is about POA, question 2 is about Landlord/Tenant, and question 3 is about Ethics...etc, etc.) 

If anyone could clarify that it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Hi, 

Considering you posted this Oct 2018, is it safe to assume you already wrote the exam? If so, do you mind providing some insight on the structure of the exam? Specifically, as to whether the exam strictly touched upon information provided in the study materials or did it ask questions where the answer can only be found if you had the corresponding statute/guideline/rule etc with you?

Thanks!

On 7/18/2019 at 12:07 PM, justveritas said:

Hi, 

Considering you posted this Oct 2018, is it safe to assume you already wrote the exam? If so, do you mind providing some insight on the structure of the exam? Specifically, as to whether the exam strictly touched upon information provided in the study materials or did it ask questions where the answer can only be found if you had the corresponding statute/guideline/rule etc with you?

Thanks!

It is against LSO rules to divulge information regarding the contents of the licencing exam. 

If you read through the LSO website it will give you all of the information you require. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Homicide trial.  Deceased is native, Accused is white.  I have a half dozen witnesses describe how after a very brief ambiguous struggle between the two in the middle of the parking lot (some weren't sure who started it, some say Accused started it, some only see it once it starts), but each of the six witnesses describe the native fellow being knocked to the ground, and the Accused stomping on his head.  Deceased never gets up and is pronounced dead an hour later.  Many of my witnesses had been drinking (but didn't know each other, or either party), but also included the south asian liquor store employee who hadn't. Accused takes the stand and flat out denies stomping or kicking the Accused on his head. Judge doesn't just have a reasonable doubt - he accepts the word of the white Accused over the half dozen independent witnesses.  He finds as a fact no head stomping.  Liquor store employee was too argumentative and adamant about what he saw (which was, lets remember, one man killing another), which called his credibility into question. Deceased's family is in the court. They fucking lose it.  I can't blame them for one minute.  Sheriffs are called as they're yelling and screaming at the justice. Worst trial of my professional life. There was a major part of this story I'm leaving out that happened at prelim as it gets perhaps too identifiable (though the media didn't cover this story, and the family wasn't savvy enough to have gone to the media), but it gave this whitebread prosecutor a major appreciation for what the criminal justice system is like for minorities.  The family told me from day one this would be the outcome.
    • Hi,  I am an applicant from Asia, and I sent in my application to UofT by the October 31st deadline.  I think I have pretty decent stats (4.0 GPA according to WES/OLSAS, 171 LSAT, okay softs and PS), but I haven't yet received an email from UofT during their Round 1 of admissions, and don't think I will be.  I know there is no absolute guarantee that they will accept me, but I was just wondering if there is a tendency for schools to notify international students of their acceptance later in the cycle (like in Round 2 or 3) than domestic students.  Thanks! 
    • Congrats! But I am surprised that you were surprised. 😄
    • Have had one of those. God I yearn for that day...
    • Woodsworth is ideal. You get your own room, only share a bathroom with one other person, and have a full kitchen and living room. So many people who live there are also on bay and its a 10 minute subway down. Would highly recommend.