lawskool123

Chances for 3.88 GPA and 158 LSAT

Debating between retaking the November or January LSAT, but wondering if people have any insight about how much taking the January 2019 LSAT would hurt chances of acceptance because it would be so late in the admissions cycle? 

Be realistic with yourself and consider the past historical applicant profiles which UofA has posted... theoretically, you will be just fine with a 3.88 and 158 LSAT. 

the index calculators I’ve seen follow 2 equations. Not sure which they’ll be using. 

Gpa x 22.5 + lsat. Auto admit is 242. You’re at 245. Should be okay. 

Gpa x 22 + lsat. Auto admit is 240. You’re at 243. 

so to me you’re well within the range of accepted applicants both on the PDF of the successful applicant profile from last year, and from the (speculative) predictive index formula. 

Hope to see you there. Cheers

I can't find the specific link @ the moment but have a look around the u of a forums. its an index formula made by someone based on previously admitted stats. theres a chart as well 

Nope. ☹️ I saw no sign that they took anyone off the waitlist this year. The admissions office hinted that they were overfull til the end. So I’m retaking the LSAT in November and making sure I get high enough to get in on the regular round - it will be much simpler 😂. Thanks for asking