lawschoolhope

L2/B2/B3 Law Schools?

Hi, I've been scouring the internet for which law schools are L2/B2 or B3. I've checked every university's individual site but most don't tend to say, and whichever websites that I do find are very outdated. I'd really appreciate knowing which ones fit that criteria. Thanks in advance.

The info is on each school's website, but I have this bit of useless info memorized still, so I'll help you out. 

Dal is L2 or CGPA (whichever is higher), Queen's is B2, Western is L2, U o fT is B3, U o A is L2 (technically last 60 credits, so the actual length could vary), Calgary is L2, and Sask is B2.  

Since it's also somewhat relevant, Uvic, UBC, Manitoba, and UNB also drop some of your lowest grades. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lawschoolhope said:

Hi, I've been scouring the internet for which law schools are L2/B2 or B3. I've checked every university's individual site but most don't tend to say, and whichever websites that I do find are very outdated. I'd really appreciate knowing which ones fit that criteria. Thanks in advance.

?

I was surprised at that claim, so I actually timed it; it took just under 5 minutes to find the precise GPA calculations on the university websites for the first 7 Canadian law schools I could think of (ranging geographically from the west coast to Toronto). If you want to attend law school, basic research skills are your friend.

Examples from the websites (schools removed to encourage your searching, as you apparently missed these while reading "every university's individual site"): "if applicants have a four year degree (60 units/120 credits), we eliminate the 9 worst units (18 credits) from the GPA calculation. It does not matter when the worst grades were achieved", "take into account all undergraduate grades  ... We do not drop lowest grades, nor do we look only at the best two years", ""The admission GPA is calculated on undergraduate courses only, using the best three academic years", ""The Admissions Committee looks at your best two (2) full years undergraduate GPA".

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hello, I'm in my 4th year at UofL in Calgary and currently have the following stats: CGPA: 3.21 L2: 3.53 B3: 3.32 I'm practicing the LSAT test and lowest I've had is 163. Highest I've had is 167. Work Experience: I've been working in Business Development full-time now for about 3+ years. Before that worked at a bank full-time and before that retail jobs. Always worked 30+ hours a week to support family. Reason for low CGPA is one BAD year dealing with a lot of personal problems. I know I won't get into UBC, Osgoode, UVic and UofT. But my goal is Queens. My list includes Dal, UofC, USask, Western, Ottawa, and UofA. What are my chances in these schools? What about the other schools? I'm open to go to any school that takes me but would LOVE to go to Queens. and If not, then one from my list.
    • Definitely hard to say but I think I've done some considerable volunteering and leadership stuff that I really hope helps my case, but again it's really hard to know what other people applying to a holistic school look like.    I did a lil calculation and my CGPA is only like 2.9, I have some serious regrets about how I used my time in my first few years of university but not much can be done now. I am taking 4 more classes currently to bump myself but as I'm sure you know, its insanely hard to see a lot of movement. I took 4 spring/summer classes and got 4 As, it only moved my L2 GPA by 0.015. Sigh. I'm also signed up for 4 more in Winter but those aren't considered. So if all goes as planned i'll be more in the 3.6L2/3.0 CGPA range going into the 2020 cycle but obviously that doesn't help me for 2019. 

Anyways, just trying to be as strategic as possible. Again, my expectations are not high and I'm not banking on getting in for 2019- obviously it would be a nice surprise though if I managed to claw my way in somewhere 

• Sorry guys, this is probably a really stupid question but I've been working on applications all day and my brain is sufficiently fried. I'm not seeing a supporting documents deadline on the OLSAS website or the Windsor Law site. Does this mean my actual references have to be complete by November 1st, or is there an actual document deadline I'm just not seeing? Also, does anyone know what the outline for these reference letters look like? I'm trying to advise my referees on what is required but I'm having a hell of time finding out more details. 

Thanks
    • I called OLSAS today with the same question. The asked me to get the college to send OLSAS a letter saying that they can not provide transcripts. And they said the deadline for "these sort of documents" is later than November 1st. so I shouldn't worry if it doesn't get there by November 1st.
    • Yeah, it forces you to make choices.  ie. who do you choose between: -your dream firm where you sense you did not wow them but they are lukewarm on it (can you turn things around and wow them at the dinner?) -a firm you sense was wowed by you but you are lukewarm on it (if you have a good experience at the dinner will you like it more?) -the most "prestigious" firm you interviewed for as you see it -the firm you threw in on a whim that you weren't expecting to like but find intriguing