lawschoolhope

L2/B2/B3 Law Schools?

Hi, I've been scouring the internet for which law schools are L2/B2 or B3. I've checked every university's individual site but most don't tend to say, and whichever websites that I do find are very outdated. I'd really appreciate knowing which ones fit that criteria. Thanks in advance.

The info is on each school's website, but I have this bit of useless info memorized still, so I'll help you out. 

Dal is L2 or CGPA (whichever is higher), Queen's is B2, Western is L2, U o fT is B3, U o A is L2 (technically last 60 credits, so the actual length could vary), Calgary is L2, and Sask is B2.  

Since it's also somewhat relevant, Uvic, UBC, Manitoba, and UNB also drop some of your lowest grades. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lawschoolhope said:

Hi, I've been scouring the internet for which law schools are L2/B2 or B3. I've checked every university's individual site but most don't tend to say, and whichever websites that I do find are very outdated. I'd really appreciate knowing which ones fit that criteria. Thanks in advance.

?

I was surprised at that claim, so I actually timed it; it took just under 5 minutes to find the precise GPA calculations on the university websites for the first 7 Canadian law schools I could think of (ranging geographically from the west coast to Toronto). If you want to attend law school, basic research skills are your friend.

Examples from the websites (schools removed to encourage your searching, as you apparently missed these while reading "every university's individual site"): "if applicants have a four year degree (60 units/120 credits), we eliminate the 9 worst units (18 credits) from the GPA calculation. It does not matter when the worst grades were achieved", "take into account all undergraduate grades  ... We do not drop lowest grades, nor do we look only at the best two years", ""The admission GPA is calculated on undergraduate courses only, using the best three academic years", ""The Admissions Committee looks at your best two (2) full years undergraduate GPA".