MC123

I messed up

I am so upset with myself. Windsor is my target school, in fact it's the only law school that appeals to me and that I am applying to. I was under the impression they took your highest score on the lsat. I just found out they average your takes. I scored a 142 in July and I knew I did horrible but I didn't cancel even though I knew how badly I had done. I didn't cancel also because it was my first take and I knew I would be able to get the $1400 back from Kaplan under their higher score guaranteed policy. I am so mad at myself for not realizing windsor averages your lsat takes. I certainly did better in September but no where high enough to recover from that sting in July. I don't even know where to pick up from here 🙁 

that is news to me.

I thought all Ontario schools take your highest score (Although Queens average your score initially).

I quickly glance through the admission requirements and I can't find that they will average your LSAT.

Can you quote where you find that out? 

Are you certain about this? They are very closed-off when it comes to information on the LSAT. I remember a rep came to my undergrad and I had asked them what their average was and they said, "we don't give out that information." Which isn't indicative of giving out other information but with the reputation Windsor has, I seriously doubt that they would average the scores. But, if you heard this from admissions then I suppose it's true. What is your source?

I called and asked how the process works if I plan to take Nov and she said no problem we average your scores when Nov comes in

Why would you only apply to Windsor? How are you so interested in the school yet failed to check their admission criteria? Why would you favour $1400 (or pay that much to begin with) over a horrible score showing up on your record? So many questions... 

You already know the answer here: you have to get into Windsor with a 142 (perhaps explaining the omission in the PS, although I can't imagine how that would go) or apply to a school that takes your highest score.

Edited by Trew
  • Like 1

I called Windsor a year ago and they basically "wink wink nudge nudge'd" to indicate that they take the highest score. A big improvement may even look favourable to your application. 

This makes me feel better, I intend to call again. Thanks most of you for the positive support 

12 minutes ago, MC123 said:

This makes me feel better, I intend to call again. Thanks most of you for the positive support 

you really don't have to call again. I emailed them and waiting for reply.

• Like 1

Never mind the LSAT score, I am just blown away that someone would have Windsor as their one and only choice. 

• Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now