Sign in to follow this  
1234lawstudent

Do people get off the alternate OCI list for seven sisters?

I'm sure they do. A certain number of students will turn down OCI slots with firms (even seven sisters, for what that's worth (read: nothing)) because they're oversubscribed. 

• Like 2

Without getting into the reasons, I turned down a bunch of OCIs (in a previous cycle) for sought-after firms/government offices. 

No idea how much movement there is on the waitlist, but definitely don’t count yourself out yet.

• Like 1

last year i was i think number 5 for a gov office, and number 15 (lol) for a biglaw firm, the gov office i moved down to i think number 2 but didn't get off the list, and the biglaw firm i think i moved down to number 12 but unsurprisingly did not get off the list. just to give you an idea of (in my experience) the type of movement there could be.

Edited by pinkroses
  • Like 1

Yes. Specifically, years back I did OCI at Osgoode, was waitlisted for Goodmans and then got it from that waitlist. How little do I care now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, divalawyer said:

is it possible to be off the waitlist after the deadline for interview acceptance? 

You may want to check with your CDO? Easiest way to get a clear answer 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this