1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 909

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 235

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   50 Members, 1 Anonymous, 119 Guests (See full list)

• legallylegal
    • Jess222
    • Tryingouthere
    • JackoMcSnacko
    • CleanHands
    • Bt03330
    • Grotius
    • Kimura
    • Ben
    • lawlawlaw123
    • cptn_Canuck
    • legallybird
    • TimbitPancake
    • EmplawmentLaw
    • Lawhopeful123
    • legallyblond23
    • GoatDuck
    • SummerhillGirl
    • Bolting85
    • grainbin74
    • Talleyrandophile
    • BHC1
    • FutureLStudent
    • candles
    • Froom
    • ABru
    • pretzels
    • Dano
    • Manicero
    • Phaedrus
    • Aschenbach
    • B_Stone
    • mimi123
    • PandaLove
    • JurisPrudent
    • Spinnaker
    • donotgogentle
    • Moosehead
    • darmok
    • SN11
    • CB2021
    • notoriousrbg
    • dlawgirl
    • Lawtask27
    • Hgh1212
    • Songbird
    • multilingualcat
    • kklawkk
    • Vizslaw
    • UBC_Hopeful

• Recent Posts

• Tryingouthere
      I am a third-year student currently and plan on applying this fall. I haven't written the LSAT yet (scheduled for August), but I have a 3.8/4 cGPA and pretty good softs in terms of leadership positions, as well as working directly with the law school at my university to organize events. The only issue is I've had some severe mental health issues throughout my life that I've had to overcome, including PTSD, dysthymia and some anxiety issues revolving around the deaths of almost half my family over a few years. As a result, this includes two years where I didn't do anything in school and had to petition to have my record essentially expunged, but the courses still appear as WDR, so they will be present in my application. I then had an anxiety attack in an exam last year, which led to my grade dropping from an A in a full-year course to a B+. I thought I could explain this anomaly as a part of my PS by leaning into the fact it hasn't been a linear path, but I have continued to grow and learn at all stages of my undergraduate career in a manner that would make me a successful law student. However, this March, I suffered from a severe anxious episode due to the fact my medication stopped working, and I haven't yet fully recovered; as such, I had to LWD a course, and some grades dropped from A's to A-'s, so instead of the 4.0 I was on track for, it will likely be another 3.8/3.85 year. I'm worried that while my GPA is high, it is still below the median for schools like U of T, and I will need to address this in essays, but the most recent episode will be cause for concern as to whether I have truly overcome these struggles. Considering I'm a third year, I will not be able to put together a full 4.0 year before applications, which shows that I have overcome them, so any advice on how to address this in a way which would correctly explain the reason for my slight lower CGPA and this semester but not cause concern. 
    • MJ Law
      Moi je suis dans la catégorie universitaire 
    • Spinnaker
      I apologize in advance as these questions probably seem silly or trivial (yes, I know applicants/incoming students ask the weirdest questions - sorry) but I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the differences between Toronto and Vancouver jobs to make an informed decision heading into law school. I've read all the discussion about corporate "Big Law" associates having long hours and no work/life balance, and this is not an issue I'm concerned about. I'm willing to put in the hours and the years of long, hard work, but my questions mainly revolve around the differences between the Toronto and Vancouver markets. If anyone has any answers for the any of the following questions, I would appreciate it! - Is the actual work being performed in the corporate environment significantly different between the two cities (i.e. I imagine there may be bigger deals and transactions happening in the Toronto market mainly because it's the center of business in Canada, but are the skills and experience gained from the work being performed largely the same)? - Do Vancouver associates generally work the same number of hours per week as Toronto associates at equivalent large firms? - Do Vancouver associates wake up extra early to match the Toronto hours of business, since that's when the stock market/business transactions happen? - Anecdotally, in your opinion, which city is better for future career progression (job opportunities, making partner, future transition to in-house, etc.) or is there no real difference? - Anecdotally, which city would you prefer to work in? Thanks in advance!  
    • LMP
      I'd be pretty surprised if they rejected you and doesn't seem like a stats issue. Normally I'd be more skeptical but in your case I'd say don't give up yet. I know reaching out is generally frowned upon but it might be worth a try in your case.   
    • Dinsdale
      Both are really good.  You can't really go wrong.  I don't think you could say one is more "collegial", but current students would be a better source for that info.  Where do you want to live for the next three years?  Those are very different cities.  Is proximity / commuting back to Toronto important to you at all?
    • AnxiouslyApplying
      As title suggests, if I haven’t heard back from UNB by now (no A, R or WL) should I assume it’s an R (or at best a slot on the WL waaay down at the bottom lol) and move on?    UNB is my number one and I only applied to it this cycle, so if I don’t get in I’m done for this year. Should I just begin preparing for next cycle and use this time to grieve the R and start studying for the LSAT again. I don’t know how much more I can handle mentally in terms of waiting and checking everyday, etc. I’m losing sleep and going a bit mad.  Stats for reference, 3.5/4.3 w drops and 161
    • Anonyme1
      Salut, pour ceux qui ont été mis en liste d'attente et que vous êtes collégiens, est-ce que vous pouvez partager votre Cote R svp ?
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.