Crim

Questions to apply to Law schools in Ontario

Hello everyone; 

First to introduce myself, I have graduated from York Univeristy graduate of Honors double major criminology and psycholoy In June 2018.

I am currently trying to enrol into law schools in Ontario by Fall 2019. 

However, the deadline is around the corner for many (November 1) 

- My GPA for the last two years aren’t so well ( I did Better the first 2 years), the overall is around a 2.7-3 (I am still waiting for the rest of my grades to be finalized) 

- I still have not yet started studying for my LSATA or have went through Olsas. However, I will be doing all of that today and also scheduling my lsat exam for November 17 and then I Will also be doing the January one. 

I have multiple questions regarding admissions to law schools and LSATS, to all those whom are applying or have applied or are in law school. 

Questions in regards to Lawschools in Ontario, 

I know there aren’t any “easier” law schools, however there are some that are more lenient then others .. My question is 

- If you can mention any law schools that are “more lenient” than the others in Ontario and in Canada; mainly with consideration of my overall GPA and lSAT scores, which  I know are extremely important for the acceptance of all law schools. 

- As I mention above, my overall GPA isn’t high, and with only limited amount of studying for the LSATS, I won’t gurentee a high grade in that as well - so my question is: What can I add specifically add (other then personal statement, reference  and employment letters ) to make my law school application stand out? 

- What types of volenteering service, community service, extra curricular actifioties did you students/lawyers do? I need some help with this so I can add that on to my resume

- Other then 1 acedemic reference letter I already have, whom else would be significant and important referee I can use to write my second non acedmic letter of recommendation? Because as I was reading; some law schools don’t even read some of the reference letters because they are insignificant. 

- How did you start writing your personal statement?  

- How did you edit your personal statement and make sure it is spactacular? 

- Lawyers and students, please if you  can mention any websites, editors, professionals, law students, smart professors or students - WHOM ARE WILLING TO HELP with editing my personal statement and to build my law school application to the best of its ability 

TO PLEASE contact me/  message me/ comment below - *** As I will PAY for any services offered, as long as they are genuine and correct. 

i have  done a lot of research, but I am coming to you all because you are real life individuals whom are experiencing this the same way as I am, so I know there are many great  editors, professional, websites, whom are amazing and some are unheard of or are better then the others.. so please if you are willing to help a girl out, that would be great. Because honestly the struggle is real, and I need real honest individuals whom aren’t in competition with everyone but want everyone to succeed. I the type of person that will help anyone out to the best of my ability and give them whatever advise I have, so to those people who can relate and are similar, to please contact me! 

LSAT QUESTIONS

- Is ONE month enough to study for the lsats? As I work two jobs, studying for my lsats, and exams that I had left from the current strike at york, etc..) I won’t have time until October to start studying for it. 

-  What lsat prep books? Which one is the best? 

- Dd you use online study ? Which websites? Best one? 

- Did you use online prep tests? Which ones are the best? Where can I find them? 

- Lut of all those three listed on ways to study for the lsats, which way did you find the most effiecnt and helped you a lot with the lsats and has similar questions to the lsat exam ?? 

- if you have any tips and advice on how to properly study for the LSAT or Have good tip notes - please contact me! 

Thank you you so much

And my apologizes for the long letter. 

Edited by Crim
Change

Just forget completely about applying to law school this year. If you are still keen on this by next May then you can look into whether your GPA will get you in anywhere, writing the LSAT in the fall, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crim said:

LSATS

1) It's just "LSAT"

2)

1 hour ago, Crim said:

What can I add specifically add (other then personal statement, reference  and employment letters ) to make my law school application stand out? 

A high cGPA or a high LSAT, what you mentioned are probably not going to make a material difference. 

3)

1 hour ago, Crim said:

Is ONE month enough to study for the lsats?

Overwhelmingly no. Not to discourage you, I don't know your aptitude for standardized testing, but it seems that you are ill-prepared for this admissions cycle. I was too last year, hence my failed cycle and I have a relatively competitive cGPA (3.63) but a poor LSAT (154). Some schools if I recall, and I may be wrong, don't accept a January LSAT and on your first go, giving 2 months, or 1, I can't tell which you are intending to do, is likely not sufficient. But hey, you may be good at it.

I echo Eeee above. It may be worthwhile to wait until next cycle. 

Edited by SlickRick

Usually when students have bad grades, they come here asking to be reassured that if only they rock the LSAT and achieve some magical score there then they can still get into law school. It's original to find someone with bad grades, asking us to assume they also won't do well on the LSAT, and wanting to know where you can still get into law school despite all that.

So here's what you need to know. You aren't going to law school in Canada. Not without a truly magical LSAT, and probably not even then. You are far outside the range of the applicants who get accepted, and your hope that if only you add the right volunteer position to your resume, or the right reference letter, it might make all the difference - that's deeply unrealistic. You say you've done a lot of research. It sounds like you're someone who would claim, at least, they've wanted to attend law school for some time. Well, anyone you asked would have told you the same thing a long time ago. Getting into law school isn't an award you receive for being a good person. You get the grades, you get the LSAT, and the rest is a distant factor. What's generally called ECs (extra-curriculars) are not totally irrelevant, but they will never get you into law school on their own.

Do everything you can to get the best possible LSAT. Consider further study to bring up your grades. If you are hell-bent on law school no matter what, consider options outside Canada (only as a last resort) because no matter what you do at this point, you aren't likely to get into a Canadian school.

Someone had to say it. I'm sorry if it isn't what you want to hear. You seem to be looking for some kind of service that might help you polish what is truly an noncompetitive application into something that gets you in, simply by finding the right words to describe it all. If you look around hard enough, you'll eventually find someone to take your money and make extravagant promises. If you look for reassurance in enough places, you'll eventually find someone else in a position similar to yours, who'll tell you that you're awesome and if you really really really want something then you'll surely achieve your dreams. I get the strong sense that's what you're looking for here.

Well. It's always still possible to achieve your dreams. But if your dreams run through a Canadian law school, you get there by achieving stronger grades, and getting a good LSAT. There's no work around that's going to avoid doing that.

Good luck.

• Like 2

I don't understand registering for the LSAT in November and planning to take it in January. Are you saying you already know you're not prepared for November and won't do well? Then what's the point? That's expensive practice. Take it when you're ready, especially since with your grades you would need a really stellar score to even have a chance.

edit: also don't pay anyone to help you write a PS, etc. It's not worth enough to make a difference.

Edited by providence