Sign in to follow this  
MC123

Reference letters question

Hi all! So I am aware that Windsor requires two letters of reference... However, I am wondering what your opinion is on sending three? I have three very strong letters, or is this an absolute no?

Thank you, be nice!

If you apply to Windsor Law, one letter of reference is academic and the other letter of reference is non-academic. You more than likely will have to submit three letters of references on OLSAS, as a majority of the other institutions require two letters of academic reference, unless you are a mature candidate. 

Edited by lakelaw

I'm only applying to Windsor so do you think I should send them the three? Two would be academic... and one non academic 

On 9/8/2018 at 5:05 PM, MC123 said:

Hi all! So I am aware that Windsor requires two letters of reference... However, I am wondering what your opinion is on sending three? I have three very strong letters, or is this an absolute no?

Thank you, be nice!

Hey there! I'm currently a 1L JD/MSW student at Windsor and I submitted 3 letters of reference. Don't think it will hurt your application by any means but you may want to evaluate the strength of all three letters. Might not be worth including a third letter if it isn't as strong as your other two. Hope this helps!

On 9/8/2018 at 6:32 PM, MC123 said:

I'm only applying to Windsor so do you think I should send them the three? Two would be academic... and one non academic 

The third one will be ignored and you are not able to follow instructions. (Just my thoughts) By reading your third LOR, that will be unfair to other applicants.

By the way, how do you know they are very strong?

Edited by Luckycharm