Jump to content
sunnyskies1992

Compensation in and around Vancouver: 2018 Edition

Recommended Posts

It's much easier if your parents give you a bit down payment while you're in undergrad/law school so you can get into the market early... Or so it seems with practically everyone I know lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DoWellAndGood said:

It's much easier if your parents give you a bit down payment while you're in undergrad/law school so you can get into the market early... Or so it seems with practically everyone I know lol

I assume “bit” was a typo and you intended to type  “big”. 
 

Unless your parents can also lend you a time machine to travel back to the turn of the last century, when regular working professionals could buy more than an air space shoebox in Vancouver. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, QuincyWagstaff said:

I assume “bit” was a typo and you intended to type  “big”. 
 

Unless your parents can also lend you a time machine to travel back to the turn of the last century, when regular working professionals could buy more than an air space shoebox in Vancouver. 

Correct! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, Prospero said:

Man that seems low given cost of living in Van. But thanks for the info

Agreed! I am wondering if Vancouver firms will be raising student salaries any time soon. 

Hopefully they follow Toronto and the recent increases in pay!

Edited by Smorr53
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Articling students are starting at $70k now at most of the Big Law firms.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And not to derail this, but I don’t think Calgary articling salaries have moved in a decade. Around the $65k mark for big law. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, baskinpalsam said:

And not to derail this, but I don’t think Calgary articling salaries have moved in a decade. Around the $65k mark for big law. 

In all fairness, though, Vancouver articling salaries only went up to 65k two years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...