AD22

STATUS OF APPLICATION-LLM-OsgoodePD

Hi

Has anybody applied for the winter session of 2019 in Osgoode for L.L.M in International Business Law and is awaiting the decision ?

Is it not (way) too early to apply for the winter session of 2019?! (I doubt anyone would have applied this early) Have you already applied? 

I meant the Winter Session 2018/2019, which commences in January 2019 for which applications closed on 31st July 2018 for International students.

Are you planning to apply ? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Salut! J'ai oeuvré en droit des technologies ces dernières années au sein d'un grand cabinet et je n'ai pas de maîtrise liée au sujet. Tu n'as pas besoin de maîtrise pour pratiquer dans le domaine, toutefois, il est certain que ça ne te fera pas de tort si c'est vraiment un sujet qui t'intéresse. Ceci dit, une maîtrise est loin de te garantir un emploi dans le domaine, et même comme avocat dans un moyen a grand cabinet en général. Mon expérience est malheureusement limitée aux grands cabinets pour ce qui est de la question des technologies de l'information, mais je suis certain que des petits à moyens cabinets doivent y toucher. C'est peut-être des recherches à effectuées de ton côté. Mon seul autre commentaire est de faire attention de ne pas trop te restreindre dans ta recherche d'emploi aussi. Les cabinets qui oeuvrent dans ce domaine peuvent desfois avoir qu'un ou deux avocats qui touchent au sujet, et donc si tu exprimes trop fortement ton intérêt de ne travailler que dans ce domaine, il est possible qu'il n'y ait pas assez de volume pour justifier la décision d'embauche d'un(e) avocat(e) à temps plein qui ne toucheras qu'aux technologies de l'information. Il est aussi d'habitude prudent/recommandé d'essayer plusieurs pratiques avant de ne trop s'avancer sur le sujet qui peut t'intéresser. Les études et la pratique sont deux mondes assez différents. Ce qui nous intéresse en théorie, n'est pas toujours le cas en pratique, quand on commence à vivre le "day to day" de l'affaire. J'espère que ça l'a pu aider! N'hésites pas si tu as d'autres questions ou commentaires.
    • Your reasons for going to law?  
    • So it will be infinitely more difficult for you, but its possible especially given your circumstances. It'll depend on your L2 and your LSAT. If you have a redeemable L2 and a great LSAT score you'll have a standing chance at Western, Queens, and potentially Osgoode. Western and Queens have "access" categories that you can apply under but you'll have to look into them and whether or not you can still apply under that category or under the mature category. Osgoode has a Part B section as part of their personal statement where you can explain the extenuating factors that impacted your academic performance. Osgoode, in particular, can be very holistic in their evaluation of candidates. For reference, I had a CGPA of 3.0/4.0, L2 3.6/4.0 and an LSAT of 165 and got accepted to my top choice. I also had deaths in my immediate family and some other additional well-documented personal circumstances that affected my academic performance, so I get where you're coming from.  
    • Yeah, you have to keep Browne and Dunn in mind. That's another reason why you need your checklist about what every fact you need to prove your case is. If anyone says something that contradicts one of those, you need to challenge them, and have the documents ready if they're lying/shading...
    • Hi, I am wondering if I am eligible for ANY law school admission.  K, my GPA is super law. It is only 2.86. My mom passed away when I was in the 2nd year of the school and I couldn't really focus on anything for years. However, I recently obtained my CPA designation in 2017 and have 5-year working experience as a business consultant and an auditor. NO LSAT yet. My question is: Is it possible for a low GPA student to qualify for law school admission? Thanks in advance.