Sign in to follow this  
abasilplant

OSAP Funding Calculation

Are there any incoming Oz 1Ls that have their funding calculated by OSAP? I applied months ago, but my status has been "information about your tuition and book costs is required from your school before your funding can be calculated. Your school will provide this information to the ministry electronically" since July 11th. 

I'm just wondering if there is a problem with OSAP or a problem on Osgoode's end so that I know who to call to make sure everything is in order. 

You should probably call and check. Mine has been calculated officially for weeks now.

25 minutes ago, FoG said:

You should probably call and check. Mine has been calculated officially for weeks now.

thanks for the response :) 

Mine's been calculated for a few weeks (I applied late May). But it still says they're waiting for York to confirm my enrollment before the funds are released, so you aren't alone in that.

As a heads up, I tried calling York financial services yesterday and the line was dead. When I called the general York line they said there was pretty much zero chance I'd get through to someone this close to September unless I showed up in-person to make an appointment. Really not impressed with this. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Parvati said:

Mine's been calculated for a few weeks (I applied late May). But it still says they're waiting for York to confirm my enrollment before the funds are released, so you aren't alone in that.

As a heads up, I tried calling York financial services yesterday and the line was dead. When I called the general York line they said there was pretty much zero chance I'd get through to someone this close to September unless I showed up in-person to make an appointment. Really not impressed with this. 

I also submitted my application in May, so I have no idea what the hold up is. I tried calling York financial services as well and was met with a dead line. It's definitely disconcerting that we are unable to reach our own financial services office :unsure:

I'm not sure if I should be worried, or continue to wait it out.

Same boat, I just had my second last document (all submitted mid May) be approved this week, with one document still pending approval. And obviously no calculation of funding other than the estimate. I was going to call YFS, but I guess I won’t be doing that now! Feck

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎15 at 8:11 AM, abasilplant said:

Are there any incoming Oz 1Ls that have their funding calculated by OSAP? I applied months ago, but my status has been "information about your tuition and book costs is required from your school before your funding can be calculated. Your school will provide this information to the ministry electronically" since July 11th. 

I'm just wondering if there is a problem with OSAP or a problem on Osgoode's end so that I know who to call to make sure everything is in order. 

Mine says the same thing. I called a while ago and the Financial Aid person I spoke to was no help. I'm kind of worried now seeing that other people's applications are completed and all set to go...

Unless you're in my position (just waiting for York to confirm enrollment so OSAP can release the funds), I think you'd be better off contacting OSAP. From what I understand of the process, York doesnt have much involvement until confirming enrollment. York isn't going to be much help anyway so may as well see if OSAP can do better.

So I just wanted to check and see if anyone is in a similar situation. I submitted my OSAP app in May, and the amount that I am supposed to get is ABSURDLY low (barely over 1k). I can assure everyone that I am not related to any super wealthy Nigerian royalty, and I definitely qualify as a low-income person with 0 assets. I called York a week ago and they reassured me that they would be readjusting this amount once they confirm my tuition amount... Has anyone dealt with this, or know someone who dealt with this? 

Note: I am in one of the dual JD degree programs (not sure if it makes a difference because I am only enrolled in the JD portion September - April). 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, venetianmask said:

So I just wanted to check and see if anyone is in a similar situation. I submitted my OSAP app in May, and the amount that I am supposed to get is ABSURDLY low (barely over 1k). I can assure everyone that I am not related to any super wealthy Nigerian royalty, and I definitely qualify as a low-income person with 0 assets. I called York a week ago and they reassured me that they would be readjusting this amount once they confirm my tuition amount... Has anyone dealt with this, or know someone who dealt with this? 

Note: I am in one of the dual JD degree programs (not sure if it makes a difference because I am only enrolled in the JD portion September - April). 

Unless you have very high income, you should not be receiving only 1k from OSAP.  You should visit the Financial Aid Office of York U ( not Osgoode) to see what the problem is.

Do you have to reprint and sign documents and send them to York if you received OSAP at another institution during undergrad? OSAP did not mention anything about this in my "next steps", but Osgoode's financial aid says "Once you have completed your online application, you must submit your signature pages and supporting documentation directly to York’s Office of Student Financial Services".