richelieu

Merit Scholarships

Is there any way to find out what schools will offer in scholarships other than just applying?

I'd like to consider schools like UofO, but when compared to McGill, the extra $10k is a tough sell.

I don't qualify for financial need, but I still need to keep costs down, so looking at merit. My stats are 3.9x / 164.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:22 PM, richelieu said:

Is there any way to find out what schools will offer in scholarships other than just applying?

I'd like to consider schools like UofO, but when compared to McGill, the extra $10k is a tough sell.

I don't qualify for financial need, but I still need to keep costs down, so looking at merit. My stats are 3.9x / 164.

My daughter had very similar stats and received merit based scholarships from all of the schools. 

The only problem was that she did not know the amounts the various schools would give her until she accepted and enrolled. The only exception to this was Dal. they offered her a very generous scholarship and she knew what it was going to be before she committed. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I received a B in a Business Law class in my third year as a result of an abnormally high curve for the class. I believe the average was 86-87%, which normally translates to about an A-. Is it worth explaining in my application?
    • Hi, I am an American whose Canadian fiance received an excellent physician offer to Ottawa Hospital. I am applying to both Canadian and U.S. schools and learned about the joint American-Canadian JD...However, I am concerned for the same reasons that you illustrated.  I would like to hear about your experience thus far. Thank you. 
    • Hi everyone - very sorry for my lack of replies here. I set this thread to notify me when something is posted and I think that setting got lost in the forum upgrade.  I’ll endevour to answer stuff now, even though it may be later than you all probably wanted it to be.  I got the percent to letter mappings from the UBC website, and at the time it is my recollection that I translated everything correctly. I’m not in a position to check right now, but I will review the numbers I’m using and confirm that they coincide with what has been published by the school.  Bear in mind that “relied upon” is too strong a word to describe what I would say you can do with the numbers you get from the calculator. They’re an estimate (hopefully a reasonably close one) but nothing more. Your UBC-calculated grades may differ by a little or a lot, depending on your personal circumstances. My hope is that they’ll differ only a little a majority of the time.  I intend to fix this problem because it’s obvioisly causing some issues. When I’ve made the change I’ll update you all.