Sign in to follow this  
mazzystar

Adcom/Admissions Updates

1 hour ago, sparkles5 said:

Just went Under Evaluation.. 

Congratulations!  Has #14 or anyone above 14 heard anything as well?

Edited by Keepingthefaith

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Goooooooooood for you

apparently this was not good news. profile now says refused.

38 minutes ago, sparkles5 said:

apparently this was not good news. profile now says refused.

That is disgusting

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyTru said:

Also refused, was 19 on revised waitlist.

I just checked, and mine says, refused as well. I guess it's back to the drawing board for all of us. Stay positive everyone, I know it's pretty heart breaking, but I believe everything happens for a reason. Good luck to everyone applying again for next year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

What is the purpose of "under evaluation" then refuse?

That is the disgusting part.

Yeah it was super sad honestly. Was under evaluation for hours. I defs thought an acceptance was coming. Sorry to everyone who was refused! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparkles5 said:

Yeah it was super sad honestly. Was under evaluation for hours. I defs thought an acceptance was coming. Sorry to everyone who was refused! 

Maybe it was a system error.

Call them.

That's strange that they would indicate refused on their system. I don't recall that ever happening before for those on the waitlist. Typically, schools don't contact everyone left on a waitlist at this point.

It might be worth confirming with U Ottawa but for those who didn't get in, take a couple of days to be upset/angry, and then think seriously about what you need to do to make yourself more competitive in the next cycle. The first thing you should do is to ask for feedback on this year's app and where you can improve. Once you know that, set about doing whatever is necessary if you are interested in reapplying. Simply reapplying with the same package as this cycle isn't likely to bring a different result.

Keep your chin up and best of luck to all of you!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

That's strange that they would indicate refused on their system. I don't recall that ever happening before for those on the waitlist. Typically, schools don't contact everyone left on a waitlist at this point.

It might be worth confirming with U Ottawa but for those who didn't get in, take a couple of days to be upset/angry, and then think seriously about what you need to do to make yourself more competitive in the next cycle. The first thing you should do is to ask for feedback on this year's app and where you can improve. Once you know that, set about doing whatever is necessary if you are interested in reapplying. Simply reapplying with the same package as this cycle isn't likely to bring a different result.

Keep your chin up and best of luck to all of you!

2009 they were refusing people off the Waitlist. 

This is my second time applying and I called for feedback and significantly improved my stats but still not good enough..

3 hours ago, CrimNation said:

2009 they were refusing people off the Waitlist. 

This is my second time applying and I called for feedback and significantly improved my stats but still not good enough..

Well,  2009 is a long time ago. In recent years, I don't recall them doing this.

• Like 1