Sign in to follow this  
mazzystar

Adcom/Admissions Updates

2 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

Keep in mind that the waitlist is always going to be affected by how many have already accepted their offers. This late in the cycle, that is even more the case. The reason it may seem like things are moving slowly is that more applicants have probably accepted their offers. Still a few days left, historically, for perhaps a few offers to be made. Fingers crossed for all of you!

Ya so less people seem to be dropping out their acceptances this year as compared to last year. Maybe that’s why it is slower this year. 

Quick Update: I called admissions today and the lady I spoke with said they were waiting on a few more responses and she didn’t expect to hear until next week. She said even with me being next there’s still a chance they won’t get to me (duh), but if they did; it would likely be super last minute. (As if this isn’t already super last minute) 

PS - I believe there were 14 spots in the class blocks this morning. (Who knows what that means) 

Edited by sparkles5

1 hour ago, sparkles5 said:

Quick Update: I called admissions today and the lady I spoke with said they were waiting on a few more responses and she didn’t expect to hear until next week. She said even with me being next there’s still a chance they won’t get to me (duh), but if they did; it would likely be super last minute. (As if this isn’t already super last minute) 

PS - I believe there were 14 spots in the class blocks this morning. (Who knows what that means) 

@sparkles5 - Me and another user just enrolled today and it looks like there is a few spots open in one of the small group courses - I would say about 12 spots. 

• Thanks 1

So I have a question, some people have until September 5 to confirm and some have until September 10 apparently. So if the applicant doesn’t confirm by those dates, then technically spot opens up, so will UOttawa be offering people acceptance past September 5 in order to fill up the remaining spots for the class?

I spoke to someone in admissions this morning, and she basically  said that tomorrow is the last day for wait listed individuals to receive an offer. She also said that if a space opens up, we will receive an offer sometime between office hours (so by 4:30 PM maybe a bit later if necessary). 

19 minutes ago, Keepingthefaith said:

I spoke to someone in admissions this morning, and she basically  said that tomorrow is the last day for wait listed individuals to receive an offer. She also said that if a space opens up, we will receive an offer sometime between office hours (so by 4:30 PM maybe a bit later if necessary). 

Ok but what about past September 5 if people don’t respond? They can’t just leave it open and some of us hanging. That’s a waste of an open spot that could have been used for someone serious about law school.  

Obviously not in October but I mean for this week at least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrimNation said:

Ok but what about past September 5 if people don’t respond? They can’t just leave it open and some of us hanging. That’s a waste of an open spot that could have been used for someone serious about law school.  

Obviously not in October but I mean for this week at least. 

That's true, maybe one of us could phone and ask them that if we don't hear anything by tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Keepingthefaith said:

That's true, maybe one of us could phone and ask them that if we don't hear anything by tomorrow.

I'll definitely be trying to call tomorrow. I dont see why they couldn't take more students after September 5th if some students have until September 10th to decide. That isn't too far into classes for a person to catch up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparkles5 said:

Hi All, 

I tried calling twice this morning, but no one answered :(

was anyone else able to get an update?

I've also tried calling a few times and left a message. :(

Hi everyone! So I have some good news (sort of). I just spoke to someone in admissions and she said today won't be the last day afterall. The wait list will remain active until around mid next week. However, she did note that the classes are pretty much full at this point,  and since classes will have already begun, there may not be too much movement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hey, thanks for calling for those who are still waiting .

On the bad side, if you get an offer next week, you are not only stuck taking whatever small group is left, but you missed orientation week and 2+ Classes.