Sign in to follow this  
mazzystar

Adcom/Admissions Updates

We last heard of “WillNeverGetIn” get an offer last week and he/she was #7 out of 158. So who’s #8? 

We need #8 to update us, otherwise we are waiting on you @saraeliz, right? You’re number #12 I believe?

3 minutes ago, saraeliz said:

Yes, I am #12/158 and 10/158 is under evaluation... so I guess I am #2 in line now...?

Yes, basically. 

Well if I get in by this weekend I am drinking to celebrate... and if I do not get in I am drinking out of cosmic irony.  

Edited by saraeliz
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, saraeliz said:

Well if I get in by this weekend I am drinking to celebrate... and if I do not get in I am drinking out of cosmic irony.  

Same.

On 8/22/2018 at 8:53 PM, Willnevergetin said:

In as of 10 minutes ago. Best of luck to everyone remaining on the waitlist and hope to see you all in a few weeks on the other side:) 

Looks like you need to change your handle.

Be patient - the wait sucks. I was in on the 31st of August last year with people receiving offers up until the Tuesday before classes began last year. Obviously each cycle is different, but just to give the folks some hope. It's not over until it's over.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, PavetheWay said:

Looks like you need to change your handle.

Change to Willnevergetout?

• Haha 1

Just chiming in here while I wait for something in the office.

I noted on the waitlist thread someone who got in last week said that the date to accept was September 6, deposit was due August 30. 

If these deadlines are true for most recent offerees, then I would expect that there will probably be more movement on August 31 (when accepted wait list candidates did not respond to the offer, but also did not put down a deposit). 

Good luck! 

Yeah, it says if no deposit is sent by the first deadline they will revoke your admissions. I do not know why they even have the later date. My deadline for deposit is September 10th. 

1 minute ago, saraeliz said:

ACCEPTED TODAY!!!! Originally 77/298 and then 12/158!!! WOOT WOOT!!! 

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

August 30, 2017 (Wednesday), the revised Waitlist reached the 30th person. The 31st person was reached the next day. 

Today, we haven’t reached anyone yet. We last heard of 12 getting in yesterday (Saraeliz) and 13 recently posted that he/she is still waiting. So this year seems awfully slow compared to last year.  

I think the adcom is closed on September 3rd (Labour day). 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Keep in mind that the waitlist is always going to be affected by how many have already accepted their offers. This late in the cycle, that is even more the case. The reason it may seem like things are moving slowly is that more applicants have probably accepted their offers. Still a few days left, historically, for perhaps a few offers to be made. Fingers crossed for all of you!

• Like 2