51 minutes ago, iameli said:

Thanks for the info. Did you get the loc with a cosigner or without? 

With

• Like 1

Everything really depends on the rep you get who makes the application. Speak to a different rep at Scotia, or go further with the process at the other banks. My bank at first refused me completely even though I have a credit score over 800, and a reasonable amount of undergrad debt, but then I spoke to the manager at the branch and was approved without a co-signer.

Someone will likely offer you the line of credit.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:49 PM, iameli said:

No, I've only asked my cosigner to sign for Scotia as of right now. My assumption is that if Scotia, TD, and CIBC dont accept the application, no other bank probably would. If someone has any other experience, I would greatly appreciate if they could let me know.

I apologize that I'm super late to this. Prior to law school I had banked with CIBC and TD for many years. Both would have required a cosigner.

I spoke to one Rep at RBC who offered me the same rates that CIBC/TD were offering and they did not require a cosigner. It really doesn't hurt to ask. 

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Yes. Just got it today but I cannot log into Oasis yet. What I meant though is that I applied last year. Was put into queue around Dec 4th(whis was early last year)...then a waitlist (dont remember when)..and kept waiting until September.  Ppl put into the queue in the new year were accepted though. So queue does not determine when you'll be accepted.
    • Got your confirmation email yet?
    • Hi guys, it's my first time posting (apologies for the long post in advance), but I've seen people get some very good advice on here and wanted to try my hand. My top choice is Osgoode, and I'm currently finishing up my last year of undergrad at York U (if that matters). I've kept my options open and applied to a bunch of other places (UNB, Uottawa, Dal, Windsor, Queens, Western, Ucalgary). My OLSAS cGPA is 3.67 and my L2 is 3.8 as well. I wrote the September LSAT after studying intensively since April and suffice to say I bombed it (147). I changed my approach and took an LSAT course at York from September leading up to the November test this week and I was PTing around 155-156 (I know its not amazing but I feel I made a sizable jump from September to November), but suddenly the week before the test I feel I've regressed, I'm not sure if this is due to fatigue or what. To be blunt, I know with the current 147 I have no chance anywhere, but if I can get my PT average on the test at least, do you guys think I can at least get into one of the places I've applied to? I'm open to possibly writing again in January, but I obviously want to see how November goes because I've put in a lot of work up this point.  Thanks for your time guys, appreciate it in advance if you took the time to read this! 
    • Hi! I applied for winter 2019 as well and am still waiting for an answer!
    • Agreed. I've hit max bonus before and it's not often worth it. Some level of bonus is nice though.