1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 914

1. 2.6k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

• Diana
    • Kibitzer
    • thetaxguy
    • Cool_name
    • cptn_Canuck
    • switchdog
    • GoatDuck
    • alanc675
    • AliMP
    • Kurrika
    • tobi
    • AnxiouslyApplying
    • Ben
    • myth000
    • leftphalange
    • Lawtask27
    • BlockedQuebecois
    • User07
    • legallyblond23
    • Moosehead
    • erin otoole
    • legallybrunette2001
    • BHC1
    • ABru
    • wakarimasen
    • Kimura
    • CleanHands
    • lawfulactivity
    • mirrorball
    • Frankie576

• Recent Posts

• WiseGhost
      You'll have to research the firms individually, because there are boutiques that are more selective than big law firms. But on average, mid sized firms are more likely to hire candidates without stellar grades than big law firms.  As far as having an excellent application goes, it is important to a) make all your materials well formatted and consistent and b) highlight some interesting experiences or a demonstrated interest in a practice area. I had many people read over my application materials, and they caught things that I otherwise would not have noticed. Another thing that I think is important is to have a narrative that is consistent with the way that you present yourself during an interview. I'm an awkward dude and no any amount of interview practice could fully change that. I found that interviewers were more receptive when I presented myself as a hardworking and conscientious person that could be the brains behind a file instead of a lawyer that could attract clients through charm.      
    • rsk2024
      Congrats! I’m also on the discretionary waitlist. Did they call/email you or just a portal update?
    • Pizzaandpasta
      Also, is it the case that mid sized and boutique firms that participate in the formal 2L recruit give “less” weight to grades than the larger biglaw ones? is there a category of firms in the recruit that would potentially consider someone with grades like mine to work for them? 
    • miajules
      So thrilled to be saying that I was accepted today. 3.25 GPA, 163 LSAT, applied access. Waitlisted at TMU and Osgoode, and still waiting on McGill and Queen's.  I went directly from Under Evaluation to Admitted – no email, only in portal (updated around 4pm, checked a few other times before earlier in the day and nothing changed).
    • Ozzie2023
      Hey everyone, I'm (23 F) just finished 1L and now living in a condo near Osgoode. I'm on the lookout for a roommate to split the place with me (Own bedroom and shared bathroom). Preferably, I'd love to live with another female law student.  Here are some of the perks of the apartment: Located near Osgoode, rent is lower price than Passy, laundry machines in-unit, all utilities included, along with fast wi-fi, spacious balcony and living room, The unit is clean and fully furnished.  If this sounds like a good fit for you or someone you know, feel free to message me!
    • ditiae
    • BHC1
      Typically, you become indeterminate after 3 consecutive years of employment on a term contract as of right, however there are a number of exceptions and it can depend on the terms in your letter of offer. You should probably check with your local AJC representative.  Another way to do it is to just apply for an open indeterminate position.
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.