Sign in to follow this  
ZAC028

155 - 160+

Hello everyone, I am writing my LSAT this September and have been using practice tests and the power score bibles to study. My initial practice test score was a 155 but I find that the more I am studying the worse my practice test scores are getting. Is this normal, and can anyone suggest a technique to help me. My end goal is at least a 160, do you think that is possible?

Without a breakdown of the sections to see where you're falling, no one can offer any worthwhile advice

1 hour ago, ZAC028 said:

Hello everyone, I am writing my LSAT this September and have been using practice tests and the power score bibles to study. My initial practice test score was a 155 but I find that the more I am studying the worse my practice test scores are getting. Is this normal, and can anyone suggest a technique to help me. My end goal is at least a 160, do you think that is possible?

if you are trying to implement specific strategies during your practice tests (e.g. the powerscore method or something) it is normal for your score to go down before it goes up. Its similar to learning to type properly -- when you first implement the proper technique it slows you down, but once you master it you are able to type far faster than you ever could before. I would give it a little more time before you start to panic. 

Alternatively, you could try something new! I believe 7sage has a money back guarantee on their online courses so you could check them out and then get a refund if you still are not seeing improvements

3 hours ago, ZAC028 said:

My initial practice test score was a 155 but I find that the more I am studying the worse my practice test scores are getting.

I have never heard of that, lol. Take a break for a week, maybe. Settle your nerves. 

155 is a great diagnostic score. You can easily break 160. I had the same diagnostic (on the real thing, cuz I didn't study, lol) and after my rewrite I scored a whole lot better. Don't you worry. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Prospero said:

I have never heard of that, lol. Take a break for a week, maybe. Settle your nerves. 

155 is a great diagnostic score. You can easily break 160. I had the same diagnostic (on the real thing, cuz I didn't study, lol) and after my rewrite I scored a whole lot better. Don't you worry. 

I agree, and the score increase is very doable. 

I know some people switch up their study material, 7sage is really good if the current one is not working for you. 

Also don't do timed practice before you master the skills. You need to build the basics, master, then ease into it timed , best of luck 

• Like 1

Make sure you're not burning yourself out. I was plateauing around the mid-late 150s, and I scored my PB after doing nothing LSAT-related for 2 days, I believe. Those rest days can help more than you know!

• Like 1