sman99

Vancouver Articling Recruit 2019-2020

In anticipation of today‚Äôs ITCs.... ūü§ěūüŹĹ

Through the grapevine, Blakes and Harper Grey have sent out itcs

Posted (edited)

ITC for BLG has also been sent out and confirm Blakes has sent out as well

Edited by Genericname101

Do firms typically send out all the itc's in one big batch or is there still potential to hear from some of the firms listed above?

7 minutes ago, Coolname said:

Do firms typically send out all the itc's in one big batch or is there still potential to hear from some of the firms listed above?

To answer my own question, you can still receive itcs from firms listed above

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Is there a better chance at landing an articling spot through an articling interview than getting an interview through OCIs? 

Edited by bananasamana

3 minutes ago, bananasamana said:

Is there a better chance at landing an articling spot through an articling interview than getting an interview through OCIs? 

My guess is that it is the same as firms likely offer a similar amount of interviews per spot

9 minutes ago, bananasamana said:

In my opinion, it is more difficult than OCIs because there are fewer spots overall. A firm may interview the same number of candidates, but hire far fewer in the process. Many of the boutiques, in particular, can interview up to 50 candidates for 1-2 spots. 

13 minutes ago, Simbaa said:

In my opinion, it is more difficult than OCIs because there are fewer spots overall. A firm may interview the same number of candidates, but hire far fewer in the process. Many of the boutiques, in particular, can interview up to 50 candidates for 1-2 spots. 

Sure a firm may or can interview the same number of students, but are you aware of they actually do? 

I struggle to see any utility in interviewing 50 students for one spot

18 minutes ago, Simbaa said:

Even for articling? That seems a bit excessive. I thought it would be more similar to the numbers of in firms handed out after OCIs. But I know nothing about the recruitment process.

• Like 1

Heard through a friend (therefore cannot guarantee the accuracy) that McCarthy's and Sangra sent out ITC this morning. Also, Alexander Holburn has started to send out ITC as of this morning.