Sign in to follow this  
accjohn1990

MLS difficulty

I was accepted into northeastern's online masters in legal studies program. My numbers are 152/3.3.  The jd program boasts medians of 161/3.6.  I am excited to attend because I am no longer a competitive applicant for law school due to dropping out of three law schools while i was ill and in denial about my limitations. Now I am able to focus on school. I have a 3.75 in an online mba program with just 2 courses left. However, i have a 3.33 in the upper level courses and the school is practically open admission for those with a 3.0 gpa, theres no gmat requirement for anyone either. I lasted until midterms at thomas jefferson school of law and placed in the 75th percentile on all the exams before withdrawing.  But, TJSL is the lowest ranked law school in america with jd medians of 148/2.9.  Still, I am hoping that the mls will be more similar to the jd (which requires assigned readings and parallel reasoning) as opposed to the mba (self directed research and innovation). the cost of the degree is only $30k with is a fraction of americas average jd cost of 150k.  Also, once my fafsa goes through i may get a few grand in scholarships. I will be paying my living expenses out of pocket. 
I am currently a part time paralegal assistant. I am also a part time tutor, and if needed i could cut my hours there. I am determined to try my best to be successful in this program. I am able to comfortably spend 20 hours a week studying. At TJSL i spent 25 hours a week studying. In my mba program i only spend 10 hours, which only requires 2-3 days a week to complete. I should note that during the first 4 courses in my mba I spent 20 hours a week studying. I would finish all the assignments for the entire course while the class was only half over.  Will i likely be able to stay above the gpa requirement of 3.0 for the mls program?  How difficult are mls programs?

To clarify, the mls program does not allow graduates to sit for the bar.  It is essentially a masters in paralegal studies