Sign in to follow this  
hermionegranger

2019/2020 Toronto Articling Recruit (ITC Emails for Interviews)

1 hour ago, LawStudentToronto said:

My understanding is that they have to call again until they reach you -  apparently you are under no obligation to call back. 

Where are you hearing this from?  That's not what I was told by Career Services.

Call the firm back.

1 minute ago, lovely said:

Has Addario called yet? (Or any criminal defence firms)? 

I got calls from: Heller Rubel, Hicks Adams, Cooper Sandler, Derkstein Penman and Greenspan Humphrey Weinstein. 

2 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

I got calls from: Heller Rubel, Hicks Adams, Cooper Sandler, Derkstein Penman and Greenspan Humphrey Weinstein. 

Wow congratulations! What time did they call? Is there any hope left? 

2 minutes ago, lovely said:

Wow congratulations! What time did they call? Is there any hope left? 

I thought it was over at 8:20, but Julianna Greenspan called just now, so there’s hope! 

20 minutes ago, sinequanon said:

Just called Clyde & Co and left a message, the person who sent the ITC is not at her desk... This is so weird!!

Did she call you back yet?

Just now, Jalma said:

Did she call you back yet?

No, no calls yet, was it too soon to call them? did you call them yet?

Guys! How long are y'all waiting near the phone? I mean if I leave my condo, and take the elevator I loose reception, I just want to make sure I don't miss any calls, is there any cut off time?

Just now, sinequanon said:

Guys! How long are y'all waiting near the phone? I mean if I leave my condo, and take the elevator I loose reception, I just want to make sure I don't miss any calls, is there any cut off time?

Just received a call from Stevenson Whelton MacDonald & Swan, so seems like some firms are going late

For anyone that received an ITC email and no call I would call and follow up by this point. It may just be an oversight (this has happened to a few people I know during OCIs). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ellietorres said:

What do you do if a firm who sent you an ITC now emails you to say they can't offer you an interview?

Is it because the position has since been filled by their summer students? Or are they no longer offering articles? I suppose there is nothing you can do. An ITC isnt a job offer unfortunately. If they aren't hiring, they aren't hiring. Sorry that happened to you.

1 minute ago, healthlaw said:

For anyone that received an ITC email and no call I would call and follow up by this point. It may just be an oversight (this has happened to a few people I know during OCIs). 

Do you know what the end result was for those who never received a call but got ITC? I remember last year, a  summer candidate in OSC got ITC from OSC and didn't get a call, when she followed up, they said it was mistake!

Just now, sinequanon said:

Do you know what the end result was for those who never received a call but got ITC? I remember last year, a  summer candidate in OSC got ITC from OSC and didn't get a call, when she followed up, they said it was mistake!

For my colleagues, the mistake was that they should have received a call but did not. Both were offered interviews (one had to decline because her schedule was already full at that point). 

I do think it's worth a follow-up. Contact the person who sent the e-mail. Worse case scenario they also made a mistake and the ITC shouldn't have been sent, but you won't look bad for following up. Best case scenario you're demonstrating interest and initiative. 

I just called into Keel Cottrelle - apparently all their calls have gone out.