hermionegranger

2019/2020 Toronto Articling Recruit (ITC Emails for Interviews)

2 hours ago, bananagram said:

Does anyone else think that it's strange for Levitt to be having a reception at 5:30 on the Wed...? Emailed to confirm and apparently it's legit?

Aren't offers made at 5:00 on Wednesday? This seems very strange to me. I'd maybe try speaking to someone else if possible, just to be sure.

2 hours ago, bloopscoop said:

asking for a friend, has anyone received an interview offers with hicks adams? 

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned they did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bloopscoop said:

asking for a friend, has anyone received an interview offers with hicks adams? 

Hick Adams came through today. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lovely said:

Have any of the MAG branches reached out? Or when should we expect to hear from them? 

I got a bunch of No emails

On 2018-07-20 at 9:03 AM, LawIsLoveLawIsLife said:

What was the name of the person that called from Downtown Crown? Has anyone heard from North York Crown?

I got a call from North York Crown, rejected by Downtown Crown. Does anyone know if Scarborough called yet? 

18 minutes ago, Jdheo said:

I got a call from North York Crown, rejected by Downtown Crown. Does anyone know if Scarborough called yet? 

Scarborough withdrew from articling interviews--they hired back their summer students. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jdheo said:

Damn. I got the reverse of that. 

Asking for a friend, did anyone get an interview with Lockyer Campbell and did they say who you were going to be interviewed by? 

7 hours ago, angel133 said:

Asking for a friend, did anyone get an interview with Lockyer Campbell and did they say who you were going to be interviewed by? 

Yes, got an interview but they did not say who I’ll be interviewed by.

9 hours ago, Gomez said:

Are calls still being made out or is that it?

I don't know about the likelihood of getting a call now, but I did receive a number of calls later in the day on Friday (as I'm sure others did as well).

19 hours ago, bored said:

Has anyone heard from Daoust Vukovich LLP?

I didn't apply there but I heard they hired back their summer student(s).

What is the basic protocol if you are invited to multiple receptions/dinners in the same night for two firms you are interested in?

Can you only attend one?

Is it possible to attend two different receptions or will it hurt your chances in those firms if you leave one reception early and arrive to a second one late.

Does not attending a reception signal disinterest and remove any chance from getting that position?

1 hour ago, Lawstudent3210 said:

What is the basic protocol if you are invited to multiple receptions/dinners in the same night for two firms you are interested in?

Can you only attend one?

Is it possible to attend two different receptions or will it hurt your chances in those firms if you leave one reception early and arrive to a second one late.

Does not attending a reception signal disinterest and remove any chance from getting that position?

It's possible to attend a reception of one firm and dinner with another firm if time permits. I doubt you would be able to do two dinners since dinners are generally longer and don't give you the ability to sneak away unnoticed the way that receptions do.

If you haven't already confirmed attendance to both dinners, perhaps try offering one of the firms a lunch for the following day? (Saying something to the effect of: I'm super interested in you but I already have another commitment on Monday at 6 pm. Would it be possible to schedule a lunch for Tuesday instead?) - I did this during recruit and it didnt hurt my offer - but there is always a risk that it does signal that a firm is lower priority if you're asking to reschedule a dinner.

Not attending a reception can signal a lack of interest. I know of at least 3 firms that take note of which students don't attend (based on name tags). For this reason, I would try to make at least a brief appearance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawstudent3210 said:

Can you only attend one?

Dinners and receptions are different. Two dinners, no. Two receptions, yes.

You can generally attend two, possibly even three, receptions in one evening. It's fine to not stay for the whole reception, just stay long enough to make your impression - don't run in and out in 15 minutes, you want to meet people, ensure you're memorable to enough people. I generally think you need 45 minutes to an hour minimum per reception, but you don't have to stay for the entire time. You do have to show up, though - an outright non-attendance will often be taken as a substantial lack of interest.

• Like 1