Sign in to follow this  
glasshalffull1231

Chances? (+Access question) [LSAT: 165/cGPA: 2.65/L2: 3.01/B2: 3.27]

Despite a fairly strong LSAT, I'm wondering if I've killed my chances with my GPA. Any input is greatly appreciated! 

I'm also considering applying to Western as an Access student on mental health grounds (for anxiety and ADHD - I have diagnoses for both). I'd appreciate some insight from anyone who's familiar with the Access program who may be able to shed some light on how it might be relevant to my situation.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by glasshalffull1231
original post was incomplete ('Access' paragraph added)
  • Like 1

you can also apply UofS.

I think you are just very close and right on border.  UofS average is  somewhere around 160 / 3.5

With your lsat, it can compensate a bit. You might be accepted off wait list in mid summer. 

Edited by akulamasusu

I got into a number of schools with similar stats in mature/discretionary/access category, but it's impossible to predict. And I agree with above; I had a cGPA of 3.13/164 and got into UofS in the regular category (not sure what my B2 is, but probably similar).

• Like 1

On 2018-07-07 at 2:50 PM, Lawby said:

I got into a number of schools with similar stats in mature/discretionary/access category, but it's impossible to predict. And I agree with above; I had a cGPA of 3.13/164 and got into UofS in the regular category (not sure what my B2 is, but probably similar).

Do you mind telling me the other schools you got in? I’m really interested in finding out.

22 hours ago, SiDtHeKiD said:

Do you mind telling me the other schools you got in? I’m really interested in finding out.

UBC, UVIC, and I believe I would have been accepted at a few more, but once I found out about UVIC I withdrew my application at all schools except UBC.

I ultimately accepted my offer at UBC.

21 hours ago, Lawby said:

UBC, UVIC, and I believe I would have been accepted at a few more, but once I found out about UVIC I withdrew my application at all schools except UBC.

Do you mind telling me what were the conditions you cited for access or discretionary? You dont have to give me exact details or dont even tell me here. Maybe if you could send me a message? Im just trying to judge whether my circumstances are applicable or not. Also, what are the typical requirements for mature category? Do you mind helping me?

22 hours ago, Lawby said:

What were your CGPA and last two years as a percentage?

50 minutes ago, stqust said:

What were your CGPA and last two years as a percentage?

OLSAS CGPA was 3.13 percentage (average is roughly 80%). Not sure about L2. 

53 minutes ago, SiDtHeKiD said:

Do you mind telling me what were the conditions you cited for access or discretionary? You dont have to give me exact details or dont even tell me here. Maybe if you could send me a message? Im just trying to judge whether my circumstances are applicable or not. Also, what are the typical requirements for mature category? Do you mind helping me?

I have 5ish years of middle management experience at a consulting firm. During university lead a campaign that received nationwide news coverage including photo ops with premiers/MLA's/MP's.

While I felt my soft factors played a major part in developing myself as a person fit to become a lawyer, they ultimately are not what got me accepted. I had the exact same softs with a 154 LSAT got denied at every school, then re-wrote and reapplied with a 164 and got accepted.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SiDtHeKiD said:

UBC’s discretionary category splits into “access” candidates and “mature” candidates. “Mature” is 30+ (according to their website) but if you’re close enough, you can still qualify. While access is subjective, I think mature is less ambiguous.

On 07/07/2018 at 4:06 PM, glasshalffull1231 said:

Despite a fairly strong LSAT, I'm wondering if I've killed my chances with my GPA. Any input is greatly appreciated! 

I'm also considering applying to Western as an Access student on mental health grounds (for anxiety and ADHD - I have diagnoses for both). I'd appreciate some insight from anyone who's familiar with the Access program who may be able to shed some light on how it might be relevant to my situation.

Thanks in advance.

I have legit ADHD but not even sure that will be assessed as access reasonably. Access might appeal to life circumstance reasons more so.