Sign in to follow this  
NapoleonBonaparte

Osgoode Chambers

Is anyone else having difficulty getting in touch with York Apartments? I'm trying to follow up to an email I received from them on Friday. I called their office multiple times on Friday and again today all to no avail. They're also yet to return my follow-up email. 

Additionally, can anyone here clarify the move-in date issue. Are you only allowed to move in on the 1st or 15th of a month?

Edited by NapoleonBonaparte

I emailed a few days ago and asked about the same question and haven't got any response.:huh:

I have also sent an e-mail regarding the unit they offered me (on Friday) and have not heard anything back yet.

1 hour ago, Housecopter said:

I have also sent an e-mail regarding the unit they offered me (on Friday) and have not heard anything back yet.

16 hours ago, Mocha said:

I emailed a few days ago and asked about the same question and haven't got any response.:huh:

I'm really frustrated with Donna. She never picks up her damn phone or responds to emails. Why does she even work there?

Just got her reply. You don't have to move in on these two dates, but tenancy either commences on the 1st or 15th.

1 hour ago, Mocha said:

Just got her reply. You don't have to move in on these two dates, but tenancy either commences on the 1st or 15th.

So they start billing you on either Sept. 1st or Aug. 15th, for example?

2 hours ago, Mocha said:

I also received a response. I found her explanation for the lack of 1-bedrooms puzzling. She stated that people were unwilling to move out due to the strike. Are picket lines really that daunting a prospect to cross, with the new subway station no less? F$*K CUPE.

34 minutes ago, JaysFan364 said:

So they start billing you on either Sept. 1st or Aug. 15th, for example?

Correct. But I assume you're moving in in late-August so you'd be billed from the 15th.

Edited by NapoleonBonaparte

If I sent a scan of the signed tenancy agreement before the deadline I was given to a Donna should I be worried that she has not responded yet? I sent it on Friday and haven’t gotten a response (today is the deadline to respond to the offer). 

4 minutes ago, samuellevin said:

If I sent a scan of the signed tenancy agreement before the deadline I was given to a Donna should I be worried that she has not responded yet? I sent it on Friday and haven’t gotten a response (today is the deadline to respond to the offer). 

I did the same thing. She was conveniently out of the office on Friday too, and yesterday (16th) was the deadline. I sent a follow up and she's ghosting, as always. 

1 hour ago, samuellevin said:

56 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

I did the same thing. She was conveniently out of the office on Friday too, and yesterday (16th) was the deadline. I sent a follow up and she's ghosting, as always. 

19 minutes ago, NapoleonBonaparte said:

I also sent a scan on Friday and haven't heard back. Glad to hear I'm in good company.

I’m in the same boat as well. Don’t think there’s any reason to worry since she’s  a serial slow-replier. 

17 minutes ago, FoG said:

I’m in the same boat as well. Don’t think there’s any reason to worry since she’s  a serial slow-replier. 

Funny enough, she just responded. Everything appears to be in order now finally!

1 hour ago, FoG said:

She's so slow she reminds me of Consuela.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samuellevin said:

On the topic of emails and slow replies, has anyone gotten their proof of enrolment yet?  

Do you mean for a line of credit? I emailed Vicky about 2 weeks ago for one and she sent it to the bank 2 days later. Although from my understanding, now that we're actually enrolled in courses, you would email student services for this.

2 hours ago, samuellevin said:

On the topic of emails and slow replies, has anyone gotten their proof of enrolment yet?  

You can use your account balance on my.yorku as proof of enrollment.

Could someone please share Donna’s email? I have tried calling but no one seems to answer the phone. 

Edited by burdenoftruth

Is anyone else on the waitlist for osgoode chambers. I applied for a bachelor end of may and got an email there are no more rooms left for fall 2018. I am starting 1L. 

31 minutes ago, Andy92 said:

Is anyone else on the waitlist for osgoode chambers. I applied for a bachelor end of may and got an email there are no more rooms left for fall 2018. I am starting 1L. 

Jesus that's messed up. What's the point of guaranteeing housing if you can't honour it?

• Like 1