Heytea

Chance (cGPA=3.8/4.33; 165)

Hi! 

My cgpa is: 3.8/4.33 scale; 3.68 using the OLSAS calculator; ~84% for UBC; 3.93 for UVIC

L2 = 3.99; L3 = 3.89 (also calculated using the OLSAS calculator).

Now I will be applying to U of M, Dal, and the two in Alberta also but I have a preference for UBC and UVIC over the rest including the Ontario ones. For UVIC I used the the index calculator which gave: 951.25, which I think should be good? (maybe even for early admission?). However, it is UBC that is got me thinking should I write the LSAT again to increase my chances? The UBC admissions calculator gave me: 91.86 score but I am seeing that 92 and above seem to get in the most? 

So I am just wondering if I should write again to increase my chances or should just stick with my 165 (only write)? Thank you!!

Your stats are good. I honestly probably wouldn't apply to as many schools as you are. The UVic forums say auto-admit is somewhere in the 905-930 region, and you're well above that. If that's the preferred school for you, I'd say you've got very good chances to get admitted there, and at that point why bother applying to six schools?

• Thanks 1

Great stats. UVic's auto-admit score this year was 915 and that's just for first-round offers - I made the waitlist with an 880.

You're also in at U of M, even without factoring in drops. (((LSAT-120)/60)*50) + ((GPA/4.5)*50)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, richelieu said:

Your stats are good. I honestly probably wouldn't apply to as many schools as you are. The UVic forums say auto-admit is somewhere in the 905-930 region, and you're well above that. If that's the preferred school for you, I'd say you've got very good chances to get admitted there, and at that point why bother applying to six schools?

Thank you! 

I will most likely skip the Ontario schools as I don’t want to work there (with the exception of Toronto maybe? But that might be a long shot). I was planning to apply to the others outside of BC just in case I don’t get into the ones in BC, but I think I also need to sit down and do some research as to why I am even picking the ones I am, what their programs are like, tuition and such. I hear people say that all of the universities are good for law school but I still don’t know how to narrow it down, only reason I prefer the BC ones are because I am from there. 

23 minutes ago, jplawx said:

Great stats. UVic's auto-admit score this year was 915 and that's just for first-round offers - I made the waitlist with an 880.

You're also in at U of M, even without factoring in drops. (((LSAT-120)/60)*50) + ((GPA/4.5)*50)

Thank you! Thats good to hear! :D I much rather not write the exam again but knowing that I can and maybe improve my score is confusing me....

Posted (edited)

One thing to consider is whether you want to spend a ton on application fees. Personally, I wouldn't. 

Edited by Psychometronic

5 hours ago, Psychometronic said:

One thing to consider is whether you want to spend a ton on application fees. Personally, I wouldn't. 

That is true! Especially considering I have already spent money on the LSAT....😒

But should I rewrite to increase my chances? UBC is my first choice. 

11 minutes ago, Heytea said:

But should I rewrite to increase my chances? UBC is my first choice. 

Take a look at UBC's median (on their website) as well as past accepted threads. You can also call them and ask about your chances. I think you're within competitive range. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Psychometronic said:

Take a look at UBC's median (on their website) as well as past accepted threads. You can also call them and ask about your chances. I think you're within competitive range. 

Woah I can ask them? And they will actually tell me? Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, Heytea said:

Woah I can ask them? And they will actually tell me? Thanks! 

I can't say for sure, haha, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I don't think they will tell you if you're in or not, but will likely give you a ballpark chance. I called another school and they were very helpful about it.  

5 hours ago, Psychometronic said:

I can't say for sure, haha, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I don't think they will tell you if you're in or not, but will likely give you a ballpark chance. I called another school and they were very helpful about it.  

Hahaa I’ll give it try and update you!