Jump to content
Heytea

Chance (cGPA=3.8/4.33; 165)

Recommended Posts

Hi! 

My cgpa is: 3.8/4.33 scale; 3.68 using the OLSAS calculator; ~84% for UBC; 3.93 for UVIC

L2 = 3.99; L3 = 3.89 (also calculated using the OLSAS calculator).

Now I will be applying to U of M, Dal, and the two in Alberta also but I have a preference for UBC and UVIC over the rest including the Ontario ones. For UVIC I used the the index calculator which gave: 951.25, which I think should be good? (maybe even for early admission?). However, it is UBC that is got me thinking should I write the LSAT again to increase my chances? The UBC admissions calculator gave me: 91.86 score but I am seeing that 92 and above seem to get in the most? 

So I am just wondering if I should write again to increase my chances or should just stick with my 165 (only write)? Thank you!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your stats are good. I honestly probably wouldn't apply to as many schools as you are. The UVic forums say auto-admit is somewhere in the 905-930 region, and you're well above that. If that's the preferred school for you, I'd say you've got very good chances to get admitted there, and at that point why bother applying to six schools?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stats. UVic's auto-admit score this year was 915 and that's just for first-round offers - I made the waitlist with an 880.

You're also in at U of M, even without factoring in drops. (((LSAT-120)/60)*50) + ((GPA/4.5)*50)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, richelieu said:

Your stats are good. I honestly probably wouldn't apply to as many schools as you are. The UVic forums say auto-admit is somewhere in the 905-930 region, and you're well above that. If that's the preferred school for you, I'd say you've got very good chances to get admitted there, and at that point why bother applying to six schools?

Thank you! 

I will most likely skip the Ontario schools as I don’t want to work there (with the exception of Toronto maybe? But that might be a long shot). I was planning to apply to the others outside of BC just in case I don’t get into the ones in BC, but I think I also need to sit down and do some research as to why I am even picking the ones I am, what their programs are like, tuition and such. I hear people say that all of the universities are good for law school but I still don’t know how to narrow it down, only reason I prefer the BC ones are because I am from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jplawx said:

Great stats. UVic's auto-admit score this year was 915 and that's just for first-round offers - I made the waitlist with an 880.

You're also in at U of M, even without factoring in drops. (((LSAT-120)/60)*50) + ((GPA/4.5)*50)

Thank you! Thats good to hear! :D I much rather not write the exam again but knowing that I can and maybe improve my score is confusing me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One thing to consider is whether you want to spend a ton on application fees. Personally, I wouldn't. 

Edited by Psychometronic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Psychometronic said:

One thing to consider is whether you want to spend a ton on application fees. Personally, I wouldn't. 

That is true! Especially considering I have already spent money on the LSAT....😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But should I rewrite to increase my chances? UBC is my first choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Heytea said:

But should I rewrite to increase my chances? UBC is my first choice. 

Take a look at UBC's median (on their website) as well as past accepted threads. You can also call them and ask about your chances. I think you're within competitive range. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Psychometronic said:

Take a look at UBC's median (on their website) as well as past accepted threads. You can also call them and ask about your chances. I think you're within competitive range. 

Woah I can ask them? And they will actually tell me? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Heytea said:

Woah I can ask them? And they will actually tell me? Thanks! 

I can't say for sure, haha, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I don't think they will tell you if you're in or not, but will likely give you a ballpark chance. I called another school and they were very helpful about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Psychometronic said:

I can't say for sure, haha, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I don't think they will tell you if you're in or not, but will likely give you a ballpark chance. I called another school and they were very helpful about it.  

Hahaa I’ll give it try and update you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • Hey there, tagging along on this post.. does anyone know how they consider exchange grades? I did a semester abroad in third year, second semester and had a pretty decent GPA there and OLSAS has received/ reviewed that transcript... but not sure what schools do re: L2... any thoughts? Thanks!
    • https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sjc/rfc-dlc/ccrf-ccdl/check/art15.html
    • Hi, I was curious what statute and exactly where does it state that everyone is equal in law?
    • Background: My cold diagnostic score was about 135 (43% correct on 101 question test) two months ago. Have been studying casually since then, perhaps <10 hours in total because of school. Studying mainly with Mcgraw Hill prep's online course that accompanies the book. I did an online practice test this morning and scored about 138 (45% correct on 101 question test). Scenario: - Goal score is 165. - Registered for January 26th LSAT (about 6 weeks time). - Will have time to study full time 40hrs or more a week. - Current resources: The LSAT Trainer, Mcgraw Hill prep book (2017), Baron's Logic Games prep book, Baron's General prep book, Kaplan's LSAT Premier (2016-2017) prep book, and Princeton Review LSAT Decoded Prep Tests 72-76.  - PT1 Results: Arguments 1 = 68% correct, Arguments 2 = 44% correct, Reading Comprehension = 28% correct, Logic Games = 38% correct Questions: 1. What should I focus on with my current resources of books? 2. Should I buy the 7Sage online course to prep? 3. If you were in my shoes, how would you schedule your time? 4. Any other advice?
    • Two individuals in 4th year (one referred to "last year of studies") posted their stats on the accepted thread today. I think that settles the currently still in school aspect of the debate. 
×