Jump to content
Brookvale

U of C Scholarships

Recommended Posts

In my year, they awarded three of an award primarily based on academic merit. Each of us basically had a 4.00 or actually had a 4.00.

That is certainly not always going to be the case, but for the really juicy awards that's what you may well be up against.

(I assume you're talking about entrance awards. 4.00's don't really exist in law school.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a dean's entrance award recipient w/ like a 3.7 undergrad and i think 163 lsat but also a masters with A average , i was offered 1/2 awards after someone else it was offered to declined their admission offer, so i believe i was 3rd down the list.  but this happened all in the month of april of the year i applied, so if you're waiting for this on the upcoming school year i wouldn't hold your breath and i would start planning financially as though you wont recieve one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 12:19 AM, ualreadykno said:

as a dean's entrance award recipient w/ like a 3.7 undergrad and i think 163 lsat but also a masters with A average , i was offered 1/2 awards after someone else it was offered to declined their admission offer, so i believe i was 3rd down the list.  but this happened all in the month of april of the year i applied, so if you're waiting for this on the upcoming school year i wouldn't hold your breath and i would start planning financially as though you wont recieve one

Do you have to apply for anything for admissions scholarships, or do they just reach out to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, IrishStew said:

Do you have to apply for anything for admissions scholarships, or do they just reach out to you?

I was told that all those who received offers before March 15th are considered for admissions scholarships. Decisions would be made by the end of the month. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They consider you for the scholarships in the link posted above without any effort from you, but other scholarships are awarded through the application that's available in the financial section of the student center! You also get grants/bursaries through that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard back about scholarships (particularly entrance scholarships)? Yesterday was the last business day of the month and as we've noted, we could expect to be informed by the end of the month. Just curious if I can interpret the silence from UofC as "no, you didn't get a scholarship".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Carolingian said:

Has anyone heard back about scholarships (particularly entrance scholarships)? Yesterday was the last business day of the month and as we've noted, we could expect to be informed by the end of the month. Just curious if I can interpret the silence from UofC as "no, you didn't get a scholarship".

Not about entrance scholarships, but didn't I read that we could apply for scholarships up until May 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IrishStew said:

Not about entrance scholarships, but didn't I read that we could apply for scholarships up until May 1?

Entrance scholarships are automatic (don't need an application) and the letter I got after accepting my offer said recipients of entrance scholarships were to be notified in March 2019. So I just wanted to see if anyone had yet received their entrance scholarships.

All other scholarships, bursaries and awards require an application, and those have a deadline of May 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when we should hear back if we have been awarded any scholarships or bursaries ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, Smorr53 said:

Anyone know when we should hear back if we have been awarded any scholarships or bursaries ?

all I can say is that I found out in June last year.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming that there are scholarships for each year, right? Like, there are scholarships restricted to second and/or third year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JJBittenbinder said:

I'm assuming that there are scholarships for each year, right? Like, there are scholarships restricted to second and/or third year? 

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • I know for a fact they will get back to some people next week. I think it’s a good sign you’re not on the waitlist, that means you may be just will be accepted right away. :)!  Especially with your stats. I owe you a cookie 🍪 if I’m wrong. But I’m feeling pretty confident about your chances. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼   
    • Also by the way Kiki - I read in Ottawas forums, that someone contacted the admissions office, and they said wait list was coming out early June. Maybe they're bullshitting, I don't know. Go check it out.  Once again, sorry for the confusion. Can't believe I said I got wait listed at Uottawa this year thinking it was last year like a crazy person lol. Maybe I'll call admissions of both Ottawa and Windsor myself on Monday, and find out whats going on with wait lists, then Ill post on this forum.     
    • I'm no newbie to Toronto since I live in Etobicoke but I'd rather be closer to school. Any ideas about the best place to live outside of Osgoode Chambers?  I'd rather live with law students if I have to share accommodations. Side note: If anyone is looking for a roommate feel free to reach out to me and maybe we can look around together!   
    • I definitely think you should call since they've started pulling from the waitlist
    • For anyone not from the Victoria area,  what are you doing for housing?  Any areas you looking to avoid? 
×
×
  • Create New...