NeoKhan

University of Alberta upper-year Scholarships

Does anyone know whether or not UofA automatically awards scholarships to the upper-year students that are on the Dean's List?

They did when I went to UofA, but I don't know if that is still true.

• Like 1

They did as of a couple years ago, though whether it's strictly Dean's list or other rank I can't confirm. 

• Like 1

I was concerned about this (and apparently have too much time on my hands), so I cross referenced the 2016/2017 Dean's List with the pamphlet of those who were receiving awards in Oct 2017. Everyone on the Dean's List was awarded at least $4000. But things change, and so making any firm financial decisions or commitments with the expectation of receiving this money  seems risky. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 8:12 AM, BigScienceCertificate said:

I was concerned about this (and apparently have too much time on my hands), so I cross referenced the 2016/2017 Dean's List with the pamphlet of those who were receiving awards in Oct 2017. Everyone on the Dean's List was awarded at least $4000. But things change, and so making any firm financial decisions or commitments with the expectation of receiving this money  seems risky. 

Thank you for this is the answer I was looking for, I will not make any firm financial decision in anticipation of receiving the money. Do you know where can I find the 2016/2017 Dean's List? And did you by any chance checked whether the amount of the award was based on the recipient's rank on the Dean's List?    

5 hours ago, NeoKhan said:

Do you know where can I find the 2016/2017 Dean's List? 

website is here: https://www.ualberta.ca/law/students

if you click the link "Dean's List" it takes you to a Google Doc with the Dean's List on it. I'm hoping that this will be updated with the 2017/2018 list soon. 

5 hours ago, NeoKhan said:

did you by any chance checked whether the amount of the award was based on the recipient's rank on the Dean's List?    

There is no rank given on the list, it is organized alphabetically. So, in short, no. Every recipient got over $4000 though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigScienceCertificate said:

website is here: https://www.ualberta.ca/law/students

if you click the link "Dean's List" it takes you to a Google Doc with the Dean's List on it. I'm hoping that this will be updated with the 2017/2018 list soon. 

There is no rank given on the list, it is organized alphabetically. So, in short, no. Every recipient got over $4000 though. 

Thanks!

For future reference, I just wanted to confirm that the Award is still automatic for those on the Dean's list but unfortunately, it could be slightly less than $4000.