Anyone with info about what transferring into u of O is like, please share! I don't know how many students they typically take or when to expect an answer by. 

Thanks in advance. 

24 minutes ago, zoinksjinkies1994 said:

Anyone with info about what transferring into u of O is like, please share! I don't know how many students they typically take or when to expect an answer by. 

Thanks in advance. 

Where are you transferring from and your 1L GPA?

I am also applying to transfer for a 2L position. My file is under review. I spoke to admissions yesterday who said they are actively looking at applications. 

Could someone enlighten me on the process for transferring to UOttawa for 2L?

1 hour ago, Treesum said:

Could someone enlighten me on the process for transferring to UOttawa for 2L?

In which sense? Are you asking for a possible timeline of the current application cycle and when applicants should be expecting to hear anything from the university? Or are you asking about the transfer process to Ottawa in general and how one would go about attempting to transfer in 2L?

38 minutes ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

In which sense? Are you asking for a possible timeline of the current application cycle and when applicants should be expecting to hear anything from the university? Or are you asking about the transfer process to Ottawa in general and how one would go about attempting to transfer in 2L?

Yea sorry I should have been clearer. Was trying to understand the process, timeline and chances as a current incoming 1L with the possibility of going to Ottawa in 2L (starting September 2019).

11 minutes ago, Treesum said:

Yea sorry I should have been clearer. Was trying to understand the process, timeline and chances as a current incoming 1L with the possibility of going to Ottawa in 2L (starting September 2019).

You are going to Law school.

It took me less than 5 seconds to find the following

https://commonlaw.uottawa.ca/en/students/admissions/admissions-criteria/upper-year-applicants/transfer-applicants

• Like 1

On 2018-06-28 at 9:57 PM, Treesum said:

Although the link Lucky posted gives the general information about transfers it's not that useful. The chances of acceptance no one can say because it depends on how many students transfer/ drop out of Ottawa, and thus leave their seats open for other students transferring in.

Im hoping they start to send out offers soon because it would be nice to have some time to find a place to live, etc, if we're all fortunate enough to be accepted. Plus, other schools have been sending out some 2L offers for a while so I would imagine they are going to send some out soon (hopefully).

17 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

Although the link Lucky posted gives the general information about transfers it's not that useful. The chances of acceptance no one can say because it depends on how many students transfer/ drop out of Ottawa, and thus leave their seats open for other students transferring in.

Im hoping they start to send out offers soon because it would be nice to have some time to find a place to live, etc, if we're all fortunate enough to be accepted. Plus, other schools have been sending out some 2L offers for a while so I would imagine they are going to send some out soon (hopefully).

I've heard that they take from 30-40 students every year. Just a rumour and nothing to place bets on. Here's hoping we know one way or the other very soon!

1 hour ago, SeniorLopez247 said:

Offers for 2L transfer to uOttawa have started to go out. I know someone who just got one.

I can confirm, I am excited to say I’ve received an offer today.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

Where did you transfer from and what was your 1L gpa like if you don't mind me asking

Edited by Constantlurker

4 minutes ago, Constantlurker said:

Where did you transfer from and what was your 1L gpa like if you don't mind me asking

Dean's List student (83% average) from another, yet smaller, Ontario school. Need to try to maintain some anonymity if possible.

4 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

Dean's List student (83% average) from another, yet smaller, Ontario school. Need to try to maintain some anonymity if possible.

Only one school I know of uses percentages so maybe edit this if you still can. 

7 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

Wonderful! Congratulations. Looking forward to starting class with you :)

• Like 1

If you're just joining us, you'll notice that the courses are very much picked over. Don't let it discourage you.  3Ls have told us that lots of things change before the school year and most people get more or less what they were hoping for. 

Many upper years are currently enrolled in one extra class so they have more time to decide what they want to take. They will all be dropping one class, so that will open up a ton of seats. Many upper years will be competing in moots in the Winter semester. A moot takes the place of a class, so many seats will open up in the winter. 

If you wanted to do a clinic, the application deadline was extended to July 23, so there is still time to get an application in. The clinic takes the place of a class in the Fall, and perhaps the Winter as well. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I highly recommend the student proposed internship (SPI) if you can't get all of your desired courses or even if you can, really. 

Edited by Trew
  • Like 1