Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Anyone with info about what transferring into u of O is like, please share! I don't know how many students they typically take or when to expect an answer by. 

Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, zoinksjinkies1994 said:

Anyone with info about what transferring into u of O is like, please share! I don't know how many students they typically take or when to expect an answer by. 

Thanks in advance. 

Where are you transferring from and your 1L GPA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also applying to transfer for a 2L position. My file is under review. I spoke to admissions yesterday who said they are actively looking at applications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone enlighten me on the process for transferring to UOttawa for 2L?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Treesum said:

Could someone enlighten me on the process for transferring to UOttawa for 2L?

In which sense? Are you asking for a possible timeline of the current application cycle and when applicants should be expecting to hear anything from the university? Or are you asking about the transfer process to Ottawa in general and how one would go about attempting to transfer in 2L?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

In which sense? Are you asking for a possible timeline of the current application cycle and when applicants should be expecting to hear anything from the university? Or are you asking about the transfer process to Ottawa in general and how one would go about attempting to transfer in 2L?

Yea sorry I should have been clearer. Was trying to understand the process, timeline and chances as a current incoming 1L with the possibility of going to Ottawa in 2L (starting September 2019).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Treesum said:

Yea sorry I should have been clearer. Was trying to understand the process, timeline and chances as a current incoming 1L with the possibility of going to Ottawa in 2L (starting September 2019).

You are going to Law school.

It took me less than 5 seconds to find the following

https://commonlaw.uottawa.ca/en/students/admissions/admissions-criteria/upper-year-applicants/transfer-applicants

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-28 at 9:57 PM, Treesum said:

Yea sorry I should have been clearer. Was trying to understand the process, timeline and chances as a current incoming 1L with the possibility of going to Ottawa in 2L (starting September 2019).

Although the link Lucky posted gives the general information about transfers it's not that useful. The chances of acceptance no one can say because it depends on how many students transfer/ drop out of Ottawa, and thus leave their seats open for other students transferring in.

Im hoping they start to send out offers soon because it would be nice to have some time to find a place to live, etc, if we're all fortunate enough to be accepted. Plus, other schools have been sending out some 2L offers for a while so I would imagine they are going to send some out soon (hopefully).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

Although the link Lucky posted gives the general information about transfers it's not that useful. The chances of acceptance no one can say because it depends on how many students transfer/ drop out of Ottawa, and thus leave their seats open for other students transferring in.

Im hoping they start to send out offers soon because it would be nice to have some time to find a place to live, etc, if we're all fortunate enough to be accepted. Plus, other schools have been sending out some 2L offers for a while so I would imagine they are going to send some out soon (hopefully).

I've heard that they take from 30-40 students every year. Just a rumour and nothing to place bets on. Here's hoping we know one way or the other very soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeniorLopez247 said:

Offers for 2L transfer to uOttawa have started to go out. I know someone who just got one.

I can confirm, I am excited to say I’ve received an offer today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

I can confirm, I am excited to say I’ve received an offer today.

Where did you transfer from and what was your 1L gpa like if you don't mind me asking

Edited by Constantlurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Constantlurker said:

Where did you transfer from and what was your 1L gpa like if you don't mind me asking

Dean's List student (83% average) from another, yet smaller, Ontario school. Need to try to maintain some anonymity if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

Dean's List student (83% average) from another, yet smaller, Ontario school. Need to try to maintain some anonymity if possible.

 

Only one school I know of uses percentages so maybe edit this if you still can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

I can confirm, I am excited to say I’ve received an offer today.

Wonderful! Congratulations. Looking forward to starting class with you :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're just joining us, you'll notice that the courses are very much picked over. Don't let it discourage you.  3Ls have told us that lots of things change before the school year and most people get more or less what they were hoping for. 

Many upper years are currently enrolled in one extra class so they have more time to decide what they want to take. They will all be dropping one class, so that will open up a ton of seats. Many upper years will be competing in moots in the Winter semester. A moot takes the place of a class, so many seats will open up in the winter. 

If you wanted to do a clinic, the application deadline was extended to July 23, so there is still time to get an application in. The clinic takes the place of a class in the Fall, and perhaps the Winter as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I highly recommend the student proposed internship (SPI) if you can't get all of your desired courses or even if you can, really. 

Edited by Trew
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • Mind sharing in PM? I got invited to in firm on Monday and breakfast on Tuesday. Would like to know what I’m getting myself into lol
    • That's a shame. I get more for every hour billed. 
    • I was just going to ask this. I have heard that, in some cases, it really can be worth it. 

      However, at times, I doubt whether my hours will really contribute to the size of my bonus. Does it really matter whether I'm 200 hours over or 300 hours over? If all of my colleagues hit the target plus some hours won't we all just get about the same amount? We don't talk about it here (obviously super faux pas to ask fellow associates what their bonus was) and a part of me believes that the difference in bonus between an associate with 50 hours over and an associate with 300 hours over is marginal.

       
    • I am urging all of you to read the banner at the top of the page. Extraneous discussion is not allowed in Admitted threads and posts will be hidden. Please don't create any more work for the mod team. If you have additional questions for other members, send them a PM. Thanks.
×