Waitlisted as well, but I am going to U of C no matter what so I informed them to remove me.

Good luck everyone!

I received my waitlist notification on Friday afternoon. I wish they would've given some indication of where one stands, or even how many applicants are waitlisted, but I'm pretty happy nonetheless.

Waitlisted on Friday as well. Does this Waitlist move much does anyone know? Do you think they would answer an email about atleast how many are on the list? 

11 minutes ago, ashleydawn08 said:

Waitlisted on Friday as well. Does this Waitlist move much does anyone know? Do you think they would answer an email about atleast how many are on the list? 

I think last year one person who posted here was accepted off the waitlist.  They gave rankings last year and I believe she was first on the wait list.  She was accepted in late August or September I believe.  That said, no one really knows what will happen this year.  It depends how many people choose to decline offers.

Posted (edited)

I'm waitlisted as well, with:

L2 3.64

LSAT 158

I actually thought I would get in on the holistic review as I have an MBA, with 15 years+ of great and varied work experience.  I can't apply for any other law school as I am a single parent and can't move my son to another city.  I am starting to wonder if they actually see my age (early 40s) as a negative, even though they told me they don't consider age as a factor.  It's the end of June and I"m miserable.  Does anyone have any inside information on what my chances are? 

I know I can rewrite the LSAT and improve my mark even slightly and get in next year, but a year wait would be really disappointing at this point in my life lol.

Edited by Waterfall2021

On 2018-05-29 at 8:35 AM, ashleydawn08 said:

I know someone who was ranked top 5 last year and only got in the week before classes. Don’t expect much movement off this waitlist. 

Do any waitlisted people want to post their stats?  We could sort of figure out the rankings ourselves.  It might help me commit fully to starting up the LSAT studying again...:rolleyes:

I'm L2 3.64 and LSAT 158.

Just turned down my offer.

Hope one of you gets it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phokis said:

Just turned down my offer.

Hope one of you gets it!

When did you get accepted? Was it off the waitlist recently? 

2 hours ago, ashleydawn08 said:

When did you get accepted? Was it off the waitlist recently? 

December-ish

Ill be withdrawing, so a spot will open up soon

Does anyone have an idea why there are so few people on the wait list this year? I received an email on May 25th indicating I am on the wait list, but there seem to be less people than years prior. 

13 minutes ago, Johnwest said:

Does anyone have an idea why there are so few people on the wait list this year? I received an email on May 25th indicating I am on the wait list, but there seem to be less people than years prior. 

There was never a real reason why they needed a 60~ person wait list when only a handful of people get accepted off of it each year. The University of Alberta (and probably most universities) slightly over offer which reduces the need to have a large wait list. It's also a school that is applied to predominantly by people from the western provinces of which it is fairly high on the list of schools people want to attend.

Besides that, Heather changed jobs during the admission cycle this year, so there's been some change in leadership among the people involved in admissions. That could result in some changes to how the wait list is done.

I also thought this year's waitlist must be shorter based on the length of this thread but then i counted actual waitlisted people represented compared to last year and there are the same amount.  We're just not having any conversations lol.

I am withdrawing in favour of UVic. Was accepted in early January. Hope one of you gets in-good luck! 

3 hours ago, JDee21 said:

I am withdrawing in favour of UVic. Was accepted in early January. Hope one of you gets in-good luck! 

Fantastic decision lol