masrykov

Chances with Low CGPA

Hey everyone!

I'm a recent grad from UofT and taking the year off to work abroad but I'm interested in applying to Queen's Law this fall. My cgpa is pretty low (2.77) for a number of reasons (major health & family issues during beginning of undergrad). However my L2 GPA is 3.88 and I took the LSAT this past year and got a 166. Do I stand a chance? I've got good EC's. A couple educational and political internships and 1 fellowship.

Queens takes into account your top 2 years and the LSAT. So you have a fantastic chance given your strong LSAT and strong L2. 

Good luck!

• Like 2

Your best chance would be to apply in the access category with a detailed explanation for your low cGPA.  When doing so, make sure to connect how the issues impacted your grades and how you have coped with or resolved the issues to improve your grades.  This will be helpful in showing them that you can succeed in law school. 

15 hours ago, aaronl said:

Chances? Cgpa 3.03 L2:3.81 Lsat: 162

Your LSAT is right at the median, and your L2 is great. Maybe not early in the cycle, but I think you have a good chance!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 2:53 AM, aaronl said:

Chances? Cgpa 3.03 L2:3.81 Lsat: 162

On 5/16/2018 at 1:41 AM, masrykov said:

Hey everyone!

I'm a recent grad from UofT and taking the year off to work abroad but I'm interested in applying to Queen's Law this fall. My cgpa is pretty low (2.77) for a number of reasons (major health & family issues during beginning of undergrad). However my L2 GPA is 3.88 and I took the LSAT this past year and got a 166. Do I stand a chance? I've got good EC's. A couple educational and political internships and 1 fellowship.

Both of you have very strong chances I'd say.