Sign in to follow this  
Ripple

Ottawa Waitlisted 2018 JD (English)

Out of curiosity does anybody know why the waitlist is larger than it was last year? It seems odd that the admissions committee would place 298 people on a waitlist if they did not anticipate contacting a large number of those people...

Edited by stressedlady

My waitlist number is 91 and I'm going to wait out.  Anyone know what my chances are? was hoping to crack the top 50.

19 minutes ago, lawhopeful77 said:

I’m #22. I’m really hope that means I’m in. I also hope they tell me soon so I can look for family housing and find a school and child care for my daughter. 

Start looking

Probably before end of July

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

It is NOT over yet

Honestly man, I appreciate it. I value your advice when it comes to this waitlist. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stressedlady said:

Out of curiosity does anybody know why the waitlist is larger than it was last year? It seems odd that the admissions committee would place 298 people on a waitlist if they did not anticipate contacting a large number of those people...

I emailed them asking the same thing, I figured at 186/298 what do I have to lose by asking them straight up. I’ll post the response when I get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Number 235/298 on the waitlist.... don't know if I should even bother staying on at this point 

• Sad 1

Ahhh! I am 77/298! I am estastic! 

I am happy to just be on the waitlist to be honest, but what are my chances?

I reviewed the last 2-3 years and from analyzing the forums, the first 100 have always been accepted!

Hey so I can’t find my rank!! Please help :(! I’m checking uzone in the current Applications’s page, and mine just says “status: final waitlist” and then a paragraph telling me to email if I’m still interested in staying on the list.  am I looking in the wrong place or did admissions just forget to update mine :(?  Where should my rank be?!?

how am I the only person that doesn’t know their rank 😭?!?

Edited by wolf12

4 minutes ago, wolf12 said:

Hey so I can’t find my rank!! Please help :(! I’m checking uzone in the current Applications’s page, and mine just says “status: final waitlist” and then a paragraph telling me to email if I’m still interested in staying on the list.  am I looking in the wrong place or did admissions just forget to update mine :(?  Where should my rank be?!?

how am I the only person that doesn’t know their rank 😭?!?

It would be in a box right under that paragraph.

Just now, SlickRick said:

It would be in a box right under that paragraph.

Not there lol admissions fucked me 😂 but this is kinda cruel haha I think I’m the only one who doesn’t know 

1 minute ago, wolf12 said:

Not there lol admissions fucked me 😂 but this is kinda cruel haha I think I’m the only one who doesn’t know 

Godspeed friend!

18 minutes ago, saraeliz said:

Ahhh! I am 77/298! I am estastic! 

I am happy to just be on the waitlist to be honest, but what are my chances?

I reviewed the last 2-3 years and from analyzing the forums, the first 100 have always been accepted!

Can't say always but better than 50%

On 6/4/2018 at 11:42 PM, AshleyGray said:

Cancelled, 154 (Dec), 156 (Feb).

OLSAS cGPA 3.53 (or ~3.47 not including updated marks from 4th year), L2 3. 67 (or ~3.55 not including updated marks from 4th year). General. For ECs you can check my profile or PM me. 

27/298!

In 2016,the rank came out on June 15.The last person clearly symbolized his/her ranking was 79/257,was accepted on July 20th. But some people ranked higher removed from the waitlist when they got their number.The final waitlist was 83 . No more information on the revised waitlist. I am a little worried now.:wacko:  In 2016&2017, some people off the waitlist  before it's ranking which can be found on the accepted thread.  Also, the admin gave the whole number out lasted for weeks. I just guess this year they try new things ,only the final waitlist  and do not have initial waitlist ,so there will be huge movements after July 4th. The admission process will be quicker  this year.  I hope I am right. iPad typing is not easy.I hope I can use computer and write more later.I even looked at 2004 thread. Cannot breathe now. 

Edited by Alexmiffy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lawabidingcitizen90 said:

Waitlisted 80/298. Have provisional offer at another school but Ottawa's my #1. Any thoughts on likelihood of admission?

Basically none. Your provisional offer will go firm on July 3rd and you’ll be removed from consideration at Ottawa after that. Unless there’s a lot of movement next week. 

Edited by RNGesus
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, lysscb said:

103/298... also have a windsor offer turning firm on July 3 

Just take Windsor. UOttawa won’t reach the 100’s by July 3. No way. 

Law school is hard to get into so just take what you already have and leave. It’s for your future and the better. Trust me. 

Good luck my friend.

Edit: This applies for everyone else who is 100+ and they already have offers from other schools. July 3 isn’t too far from now.

Edited by CrimNation
  • Thanks 1