Sign in to follow this  
Ripple

Ottawa Waitlisted 2018 JD (English)

So I had nothing to do at work today (lol) ergo I went through everyone who posted their rankings in the 2017 Waitlisted forum/their ranking updates, and who posted that they got in after being on the waitlist (note that some people stopped posting). Hopefully this can qualm some nerves or give some hope: 

2017 Waitlist Released: Out of 176 Applicants

ACCEPTANCES

Woodyhey accepted July 11th, was 6/176

Kiedis accepted August 12, was 46/176 

Inflex accepted August 10, was 31/176

WAIT LIST UPDATED from /176 to /71 in MID AUGUST

ACCEPTANCES

Fourthcolin accepted August 24, was 4/71 

PerniciousLaw accepted August 28, was 12/71 (was originally 93/176)

MustangSally accepted August 29, was 18/71 (was originally 102/176)

ReginaPhalange11 accepted August 30, was 16/71 

ElleWoodsJr accepted August 30, was 30/71 (was originally 122/176)

Unknown person accepted August 30,  was 42/71

PavetheWay accepted August 31, was 31/71 (was originally 123/176)

Pandora01 accepted September 5, was 50/71 

As you can see, there was a lot of movement! Keep in mind, Ottawa is known for having a bit of a disorganized administration. Last year, a few people posted saying they had rejected Ottawa a month prior but Ottawa still kept them on the waitlist/didn't register that they had withdrawn. 

Keep your heads up! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Luckycharm said:

The class is full as of this minute.

No problem more offers until those provisionally accepted and firmly accepted changed their mind.

There may be possibly between 25 to 40 spots open up from next week to Discuss End of Aug. However, a great number now on wait list after Jul 3 because they have to firmly accept another Ontario offer.

Then there are those who have to choose between Ottawa and outside Ontario and those for whatever reason have to decline.

A few have to decline an offer because they can not make it to Ottawa in a short notice (offers in mid to late Aug)

Those who live in Ottawa area and those who can make it to Ottawa in a short notice can wait it out till first week of Sept.  

good luck

Thanks, that gives me a better understanding. Hopefully, there's as much movement as last year. 

11 minutes ago, pistachio said:

If folks have received their numbered ranking and will not be accepting their offer, could you please also post here? (This one is for the spectators). It helps people like me estimate how much movement there might be on the waitlist.

#8 here. 

I have already provisionally accepted at Windsor, so I'm going to go ahead and wait it out until that becomes firm. I'm likely to give up my spot unless I get an offer before then. 

Looking at the previous year thread, I saw that some people had provisionally accepted elsewhere and were still offered admission to Ottawa after the firm date. I don't know if thats just an error or if those offers can actually be acted upon. 

Edited by micahprt

4 minutes ago, greenlily said:

So I had nothing to do at work today (lol) ergo I went through everyone who posted their rankings in the 2017 Waitlisted forum/their ranking updates, and who posted that they got in after being on the waitlist (note that some people stopped posting). Hopefully this can qualm some nerves or give some hope: 

ACCEPTANCES

ACCEPTANCES

As you can see, there was a lot of movement! Keep in mind, Ottawa is known for having a bit of a disorganized administration. Last year, a few people posted saying they had rejected Ottawa a month prior but Ottawa still kept them on the waitlist/didn't register that they had withdrawn. 

Keep your heads up! 

Great job ! Did you got your number yet ? 

5 minutes ago, micahprt said:

#8 here. 

I have already provisionally accepted at Windsor, so I'm going to go ahead and wait it out until that becomes firm. I'm likely to give up my spot unless I get an offer before then. 

Looking at the previous year thread, I saw that some people had provisionally accepted elsewhere and were still offered admission to Ottawa after the firm date. I don't know if thats just an error or if those offers can actually be acted upon. 

There's little risk in giving up your Windsor offer if you'd rather Ottawa. They will 100% get to your spot on the waitlist, and probably relatively soon. 

Once your Windsor offer goes firm, your Ottawa application will turn into a status along the lines of: "You have accepted an offer at another school." 
The line is gone for me now, but you won't receive an offer after your acceptance is firm- that's the whole point!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, greenlily said:

193/298. Lol. C'est la vie...

The 2016 waitlist  thread  number is close to this year 298.Do you think the 2016 thread inference will be more valuable? I will deep into it this evening. We will all get accepted soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexmiffy said:

The 2016 waitlist  thread  number is close to this year 298.Do you think the 2016 thread inference will be more valuable? I will deep into it this evening. We will all get accepted soon!

I'm interested in your findings, specifically how far they got. Godspeed, my friend. 

Just now, SlickRick said:

I'm interested in your findings, specifically how far they got. Godspeed, my friend. 

Do not worry.I think Ottawa still have a lot of spot to be filled in. We stay positive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alexmiffy said:

Do not worry.I think Ottawa still have a lot of spot to be filled in. We stay positive.

I appreciate the encouragement, I hope you get a favourable outcome. I quickly skimmed the 2015 and 2016 waitlist threads and saw that they revised the ranked waitlist 3 and once or twice, respectively. Though, I didn't do a deep dive. Hopefully you'll find better information. Best of luck! 

17 minutes ago, Alexmiffy said:

I like your attitude! 

Anyone else without a ranking yet? Since it’s the end of the day, does this mean I won’t find out until Monday?

1 hour ago, WindsorHopeful said:

There's little risk in giving up your Windsor offer if you'd rather Ottawa. They will 100% get to your spot on the waitlist, and probably relatively soon. 

Once your Windsor offer goes firm, your Ottawa application will turn into a status along the lines of: "You have accepted an offer at another school." 
The line is gone for me now, but you won't receive an offer after your acceptance is firm- that's the whole point!

I don't recommend taking that chance.

2 hours ago, SlickRick said:

186. Good luck everyone, I'll apply again in 2 years. 

It is NOT over yet

1 hour ago, greenlily said:

ACCEPTANCES

ACCEPTANCES

Keep your heads up! 

Very good post

I’m #22. I’m really hope that means I’m in. I also hope they tell me soon so I can look for family housing and find a school and child care for my daughter. 

• Like 3