Sign in to follow this  
Ripple

Ottawa Waitlisted 2018 JD (English)

I hope everyone can indicate there category. Maybe different categories will be released at a different time.

1 minute ago, Luckycharm said:

what make you think they release them by alphabetically order? I thought they go by how much you weight.

Originally I thought it might be alphabetically because someone at 274/298 and someone at 8/298 were released at around the same time, but other people hadn't heard back yet (so it clearly isn't by rank). but now I don't know anymore lol

6 minutes ago, WindsorHopeful said:

I want to hear more rankings from people posting today! This thread is so lively and I feel invested to know how things turned out (/rankings) 

I second this!! Update the fans!! :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, greenlily said:

Originally I thought it might be alphabetically because someone at 274/298 and someone at 8/298 were released at around the same time, but other people hadn't heard back yet (so it clearly isn't by rank). but now I don't know anymore lol

I'm last name A so this could make sense. 

General category by the way. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CrimNation said:

The admissions officer told me on the phone that after July 3rd, their should be a lot of movement as provisional acceptances are due on the third. 

I really hope that there is movement. My ranking still makes me nervous though (52/298)...I don't want to gamble away my offer at Windsor.

I found out my ranking (1/298) and my jaw dropped. I’m a mature applicant, last name starts with W, and I am full of conflicting emotions, lol. Wishing good luck to everyone!

• Like 5

Just now, ComeTomorrow said:

I found out my ranking (1/298) and my jaw dropped. I’m a mature applicant, last name starts with W, and I am full of conflicting emotions, lol. Wishing good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ComeTomorrow said:

Congrats! Stats?

14 minutes ago, pistachio said:

I really hope that there is movement. My ranking still makes me nervous though (52/298)...I don't want to gamble away my offer at Windsor.

Welcome to Windsor

You will most likely not get an offer before July 3

I just called an admin person and they said they’re just going through applications and updating as they go while they do other work (so they aren’t updating by alphabetical order or by ranking), plus they’re doing it manually. 

They’re a little short staffed which is why it’s taking a bit longer for the rankings to come out, but ALL rankings will be out by end of day, guaranteed. 

Edited by greenlily
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LSAT 158

CGPA 3.84

I am also a former law student (Queen’s 95 and UofO 97 until some serious health problems derailed my progress. I got almost straight A’s first year, with the exception of a B- in property law. (God does that sound really annoying?)

I didn’t apply anywhere else. I’ve got 3 kids under the age of 12, lol, so it wasn’t really an option.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, greenlily said:

I just called an admin person and they said they’re just going through applications and updating as they go while they do other work (so they aren’t updating by alphabetical order or by ranking), plus they’re doing it manually. 

They’re a little short staffed which is why it’s taking a bit longer for the rankings to come out, but ALL rankings will be out by end of day, guaranteed. 

I luv u

• Like 1

Here’s one for all the fans and spectators: ranked 149/298. LSAT 162, CGPA 3.01.  Mature. 

Why on earth is the waitlist this large? It seems really unnecessary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rebeccius said:

Here’s one for all the fans and spectators: ranked 149/298. LSAT 162, CGPA 3.01.  Mature. 

Why on earth is the waitlist this large? It seems really unnecessary.

There are ~300 spots in the class. 

Between people who receive offers and people on the waitlist accepting elsewhere and wait-listed candidates removing themselves from consideration for whatever reason as the summer goes on, a long list makes sense. 

Just now, easttowest said:

There are ~300 spots in the class. 

Between people who receive offers and people on the waitlist accepting elsewhere and wait-listed candidates removing themselves from consideration for whatever reason as the summer goes on, a long list makes sense. 

Being anything over 125 is basically a miracle. last two years the wait list was way shorter. 

Also got my number, 138/298 . I am nervous now. Mature applicants,low lsat,Cgpa 3.5 .

Edited by Alexmiffy