Sign in to follow this  
Ripple

Ottawa Waitlisted 2018 JD (English)

4 minutes ago, micahprt said:

Just checked uozone. 

8/298

3.52 CGPA, 3.71 L2, 157 for reference 

Congratulations! 

If you click on the application, the JD part, it'll show you more information, and your rank should be there unless they haven't updated it yet. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this makes a difference or helps anyone but my last name starts with an S and my rank hasn't been updated yet.

i.e. If people as high as 8 on the wait and as far back as 250+ on the wait have been updated, then perhaps they are updating people alphabetically and not by rank? 

Edited by greenlily
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1122 said:

Final waitlisted today

Also, guys please dont spam this page. There are some accounts that are posting every single day... Try and keep it focused on just waitlist posts and not additional conversations.

Some people check this site 24/7 and to constantly get notifications and realize it's just a couple people having public conversations, it just gets annoying after a while. Please keep the convos 

in private messages.

Thanks 

I mean I don't really find these conversations annoying either. It's pretty entertaining and it makes the wait more worthwhile. Besides, religiously checking this page doesn't affect your chances of making off the wait list. If you're going to get off it, you would; and if you're not, then you're not.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Stressed99 said:

Maybe it’s in alphabetical order? My last name starts with R and I don’t see a number yet 

I feel like they would have gotten to mine by now,  this is making me so anxious

Just now, david2234 said:

cGPA: 2.96

LSAT: 168

Decent LORs and references.

First letter of last name?

They updated my ranking on uozone! I'm not quite sure if I should be happy or not...what are my chances of getting in?

52/298

cGPA: 3.6

LSAT: 152

Excellent LORs and curriculars.

Both last name and first name are in the last 10 alphabets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrimNation said:
6 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

But you probably check it hourly,

I predict 11am today

Shit

I was dead on if there was no technical glitch

Now I will predict your chance. Bear in mind every year is different.

Ranking

1-20               100%

21-50              80%

51- 75            60%

76-100           40%

This is based on the initial waitlist. The list will be update again

from mid July to Mid Aug.

I predict more than 5 from 1-10 will decline their offer

Good luck to those waiting

1 minute ago, pistachio said:

They updated my ranking on uozone! I'm not quite sure if I should be happy or not...what are my chances of getting in?

52/298

It's hard to say. Imo, being in the top 50 range is really good. The waitlist moved like crazy last year. 

Weird about your last name being in the last 10 alphabets. I have no idea how they are being updated then. Still haven't heard back and I'm in the last 10 letters too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenlily said:

It's hard to say. Imo, being in the top 50 range is really good. The waitlist moved like crazy last year. 

Weird about your last name being in the last 10 alphabets. I have no idea how they are being updated then. Still haven't heard back and I'm in the last 10 letters too. 

what make you think they release them by alphabetically order? I thought they go by how much you weight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Ranking

1-20               100%

21-50              80%

51- 75            60%

76-100           40%

This is based on the initial waitlist. The list will be update again

from mid July to Mid Aug.

I predict more than 5 from 1-10 will decline their offer

Good luck to those waiting

I didn’t quote that “shit I was dead on...” 

Anyways, your prediction of 11am was wrong btw :P 

1 minute ago, greenlily said:

I agree I think it really depends on the way the waitlist moves each year, but from looking at previous forums looks like top 50 is a really good place to be. But also seems like Ottawa goes through the waitlist most years. 

I want to hear more rankings from people posting today! This thread is so lively and I feel invested to know how things turned out (/rankings) 

• Like 3

Just now, Luckycharm said:

what make you think they release them by alphabetically order? I thought they go by how much you weight.

How much you weight? 274 got his number out already. It seems to be at random. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pistachio said:

52/298

Better than 60% but may be second week of first or second week of Aug

1 minute ago, CrimNation said:

I didn’t quote that “shit I was dead on...” 

Anyways, your prediction of 11am was wrong btw :P 

Did I say which time zone?

• Like 2

Just now, Luckycharm said:

Better than 60% but may be second week of first or second week of Aug

The admissions officer told me on the phone that after July 3rd, their should be a lot of movement as provisional acceptances are due on the third. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luckycharm said:

Did I say which time zone?

No but 11am is so broad! Say both time zones! 

This is killing me! Aahhhh