Ripple

Ottawa Waitlisted 2018 JD (English)

On 5/14/2018 at 6:52 PM, capitalttruth said:

Do they rank the waitlist according to stats or is it based on who they want the most?

according to an email from ottawa, the scores of their file evaluations are used to determine the eventual ranking of the waitlist.

I don't really know what that means, but I'm assuming its based on who they want the most according to a person's application such as stats

2 hours ago, Nyrenthia said:

according to an email from ottawa, the scores of their file evaluations are used to determine the eventual ranking of the waitlist.

I don't really know what that means, but I'm assuming its based on who they want the most according to a person's application such as stats

Sounds like they have a holistic criteria for their file evaluations. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, MattMurph said:

Do we have any idea how long it will take for the numbered list / rankings to appear?

I can answer this question with accuracy. I emailed admissions and asked and they said it is based on the entire application - LSAT, CGPA, LORS, PS, EC, WE. So, yes very holistic! 

Edited by saraeliz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, saraeliz said:

I can answer this question with accuracy. I emailed admissions and asked and they said it is based on the entire application - LSAT, CGPA, LORS, PS, EC, WE. So, yes very holistic! 

THE DREAM LIVES!

4 hours ago, saraeliz said:

That's very encouraging to hear. Did they mention a date that they would be ranking the waitlist?

16 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

That's very encouraging to hear. Did they mention a date that they would be ranking the waitlist?

I spoke to someone at the office today who said it should be next month. But looking at last year’s posts...not sure how accurate that will be.

19 minutes ago, lawschoolhopeful24 said:

I spoke to someone at the office today who said it should be next month. But looking at last year’s posts...not sure how accurate that will be.

June 30 is next month too

20 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I called and they told me mid-June. The suspense is killing me.

• Like 1

Does someone know what happens if we've provisionally accepted another school? OLSAS mentioned my status will be changed to firm acceptance unless I decline it. If it firm accepts then would I still remain on the waitlist or would my position be withdrawn?

4 minutes ago, david2234 said:

Does someone know what happens if we've provisionally accepted another school? OLSAS mentioned my status will be changed to firm acceptance unless I decline it. If it firm accepts then would I still remain on the waitlist or would my position be withdrawn?

There must be dozens threads about this issue.

why didn't you do a search first?

all provisional acceptance will turn firm after a certain date. I think this year is July 3

if you are firmly accepted in any Ontario schools, your applications to any other Ontario school will be withdrawn. 

Your application to school outside are not affected

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the response!

I did see the other posts but I was curious whether it would be different since I was put on a waitlist, which I was not clear on since the other posts didn't specify.

Hope your charm stays lucky!

Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist in this cycle? In 2017, it was 176. In 2016, it was 253. What the chances of the acceptance on the waitlist? Thanks

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alexmiffy said:

Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist in this cycle? In 2017, it was 176. In 2016, it was 253. What the chances of the acceptance on the waitlist? Thanks

Admincom won't know at this time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Hopefully its closer to 176 and not 253.

I don't see what difference does it make

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

I don't see what difference does it make

Depends on how many people get accepted off the waitlist per year, which I imagine varies a lot. Last year, it was said that 123 people got in out of 176. I presumed the same number got in on the 2016 waitlist which had 253 applicants on it, which is incorrect.

2 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Depends on how many people get accepted off the waitlist per year, which I imagine varies a lot. Last year, it was said that 123 people got in out of 176. I presumed the same number got in on the 2016 waitlist which had 253 applicants on it, which is incorrect.

Wrong

There is no way that 123 got in out of 176.

I estimate about 30 to 40 actually got in from the wait list. There were 123 offers to those on the ranked wait list and the revised wait list but between 60% to 75% will decline the offer.

Therefore, I urge those who have an offer from their top priority or higher prior school and will definitely reject an offer from Ottawa to withdraw your application NOW.

P.S. I am not an applicant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Admincom won't know at this time.

Thanks for the response.

20 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Wrong

I estimate about 30 to 40 actually got in from the wait list. There were 123 offers to those on the ranked wait list and the revised wait list but between 60% to 75% will decline the offer.

Therefore, I urge those who have an offer from their top priority or higher prior school and will definitely reject an offer from Ottawa to withdraw your application NOW.

P.S. I am not an applicant

GREAT point. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Yes because it can interfere with the waitlist rankings. 

17 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Wrong

I think @capitalttruth meant 123 were offered acceptance and the remaining  were left remaining on the waitlist.