Ripple

Ottawa Waitlisted 2018 JD (English)

Is it possible that people who had "decision pending" status have been converted over to this "unnumbered waitlist" status with no real changes? lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, capitalttruth said:

I haven't heard of anyone being rejected off the waitlist, the only way that an individual on the waitlist would not get an offer on the waitlist is if that person would be in a ranking near the bottom (199/200 for instance) and they miss the boat after uOttawa gives out all of their offers toward the first week of classes. But I could be wrong. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I am still on the 2011 wait list

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SlickRick said:

Waitlisted now.

LSAT: 148, 154.

cGPA: 3.63

Today? Most people were waitlisted yesterday. I wonder if waitlists are sent out in batches 

43 minutes ago, lindsn said:

Today? Most people were waitlisted yesterday. I wonder if waitlists are sent out in batches 

Yup it was updated today, at some point in the morning. 

I’m on an unnumbered waitlist and I only checked today from since Monday or so, so I don’t know when it happened. 

Did anyone get an email response back acknowledging your acceptance on the wait list after you sent in your wait list acceptance email?

What do you think it means if my uzone status still says under evaluation? 

18 minutes ago, Ripple said:

Did anyone get an email response back acknowledging your acceptance on the wait list after you sent in your wait list acceptance email?

I sent an email yesterday but no response email so far. How about you?

48 minutes ago, bambi00 said:

I’m on an unnumbered waitlist and I only checked today from since Monday or so, so I don’t know when it happened. 

It'll say "last updated: _____"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alexmiffy said:

No I have not. 

1 hour ago, bambi00 said:

It shows the date beside the update

1 hour ago, Ripple said:

I've sent an email and gotten a response but the message has not disappeared from my account yet. The person I spoke to told me that it would disappear once the numbered list goes up.

16 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I haven't heard of anyone being rejected off the waitlist, the only way that an individual on the waitlist would not get an offer on the waitlist is if that person would be in a ranking near the bottom (199/200 for instance) and they miss the boat after uOttawa gives out all of their offers toward the first week of classes. But I could be wrong. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you saying that if you are a low number in the waitlist (close to 1) you will for sure be accepted? So better stats people are lower and worse stats people are higher on the list?

2 minutes ago, LegalKnievel said:

Are you saying that if you are a low number in the waitlist (close to 1) you will for sure be accepted? So better stats people are lower and worse stats people are higher on the list?

If you are in the top 100, you have a good shot at an offer. I don't think they place people on the list based on stats alone, it's a subjective ranking according to the admissions committee, but stats may play a role.

I was placed on the unnumbered wait list today!

cgpa: 3.54, L2 3.74

LSAT: 154

Strong LOR's and average EC's.

I will be emailing to tell them that I intend to remain on the wait list! Good luck everyone, praying for a low number as Ottawa is my top choice.

1 hour ago, Ripple said:

No I have not. 

my uzone showed they receive my response. But, I found it was really a flood of the waitlist within two days. FINGER CROSSED.

1 hour ago, Alexmiffy said:

I was waitlisted today/emailed them today and received a response back.

Waitlist - 159/3.6 ... Kind of disappointed as I really wanted to go to Ottawa, but will likely be accepting Windsor as I do not want to leave things to chance

• Like 3

My uozone has been updated to reflect my response to remain on the waitlist. I also received a direct reply from an admissions officer to my original email confirming my interest, which I did not receive last year after being waitlisted and confirming my interest. I did receive a general email last year confirming a change made to my account, but no direct response to the first email like I did this year. Has anyone else received a direct response? 

• Like 1